bobthenob

Non Active Member
The Bougainvillia
l just love this type of plant with it's beautiful clusters of flowers tightly packed together on each woody stem gives of a beauty l find so attractive.The flowers come in many shades of color and some are flouresent in color.

They can grow to 30 foot long if left alone,which is an ideal plant to train the way you want it around the house.l have a deep red Bougainvillia l am training on the iron railings fencing and over the entrance.

What l want to know is whether anyone has heard of a pure white Bougainvillia in Turkey and where can l get one.l want to train it with the red flouresent one ,by intertwining it,so it will look like strawberries and cream from a distance.Also l am after a deep yellow one and also a blue one,so l can train these two together to make it a very attractive display for the people to admire.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
The Bougainvillia
Bob, you can get a lot of different colours and combinations at garden centres but only the purple one is frost hardy. The rest die back during the winter months.

Kusann

The Bougainvillia
Bob, you can get a lot of different colours and combinations at garden centres but only the purple one is frost hardy. The rest die back during the winter months.

Thanks for that info now I know why I have never had much luck next time its a purple one it the only colour I hav`nt tried.

patrish

The Bougainvillia
I Have had 3 pink and 2 pink and white for 4 years.They die back in winter and we did have a bit frost but the always come back in full bloom which they are starting to do now.iIjust cut them back a bit after flowering,and they all hang over the railings in summer.

easylife

The Bougainvillia
I don't remember seeing a pure white one but my neighbour has got a mixed one with pink flowers and white flowers. I assume they have been grafted so white ones must be available.
We have a pink one that we've trained up the front of our house and it has now reached the roof. As has been said it dies back in winter and one year when it was particularly cold we thought we'd lost it and cut it right back until there was only a 4ft stump. People said wait , it will come but we waited till June with no sign of life so the next day it was coming out and lo and behold when we went out next morning there was a shoot that had appeared overnight. It has now grown back to its former glory.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom