celtic

The Amendment in the Condominium Law
The provision that obliged the condominium owners to change their tapus from kat irtifakı to kat mulkiyeti has been changed with an amendment.

With the amended regulation, the maturity date to change the tapus has been prolonged and the condominium owners won't be compelled to pay an administrative fine(1000 TL) even unless they change their tapus until 28th November 2009.

Last edited:

carolk

R.I.P
Hi Cem, do you mean people have another 2 years or it has been abolished altogether. Sorry, I didn't understand.

celtic

Hi Cem, do you mean people have another 2 years or it has been abolished altogether. Sorry, I didn't understand.

The condominium owners will have another 2 years to change their tapus, Carol. Thus, they won't be compelled of paying that 1000 TL fine if they don't fulfill this obligation until the 28th November.

carolk

R.I.P
Thank you so much Cem, I understand it now. I'm not very bright!! Lol. :biggrin:

celtic

It was actually my mistake, I should have explained it with a clearer message.:)

So does this mean builders have 2 years more to delay getting habitation certificates on already built apartment blocks?Just wondered if there is any requirement of builders to obtain this within a time limit of completing and selling apartments?

celtic

So does this mean builders have 2 years more to delay getting habitation certificates on already built apartment blocks?Just wondered if there is any requirement of builders to obtain this within a time limit of completing and selling apartments?

It has nothing to do with getting habitation certificate.

The new amendment just covers the apartments that the tapu deeds thereof have to get changed from kat irtifaki to kat mulkiyeti.

If was stipulated in the code(before the amendment) that the owners who don't change their tapu deeds until 28th November 2009 will be punished with a 1000 TL administrative fine. The new amendment has abrogated this fine and prolonged the date for the new completed apartment constructions. The owners of the apartments which are already completed and settled with habitation certificates are not obliged to change their tapus, hence their tapus will be changed automatically by the registration office, according to the new regulation.

DAVIDO

just to clarify for me cem,
i have my tapu with kat irtifaci ,i have my habitation certificate. i have had my appartment aprox 5 years, do i go and get it changed . and if i went next year is that ok,and finally where you say, the owners of the appartments already completed will have the tapus changed automatically. does this mean i need not do anything?

davido

traveller

Thanks Davido for asking that, I was thinking the same thing. I have Kat Irtifaki Tapu and a copy of the Yapi Kullanma Izin Belgesi, which I obtained from the Belediye and believe to be the same as Iskan. So do we just sit back and wait for the powers that be to change it or what?

celtic

Due to the decision I made yesterday, the members will need to make a small donation of £10 for receiving the answers of their legal questions via PM, Traveller.

Regards.

DAVIDO

hi traveller,

putting 2 and 2 together ,i think i heard that it has been given a further extension of 2 years. but the way cem put it ,gives me the feeling if we have all documents and have been in completed appartment a few years .,the documents will be done by deeds office automaticallly.if im wrong im sure someone will say on forum.

davido

Latest Posts

Top Bottom