Smeegazzle

Thanks to all for the advice
Have received some (hopefully sound!) advice from a number of members that I should rent a place around Hisaronu for 6 months to a year, then decide if a move to Turkey is right for me and my wife. So... the next question is where do I find a suitable rental property? all I can find on the 'net are holiday lets.
Any advice appreciated :)

Gary

bobthenob

Non Active Member
You will find the best deals are, by going direct to the ex-pats in the area you chose and ask how much will the rent be for that particular property.
l saw a semi detach for long term going for 600ytl a month close to all the amenities and the sea.
also have a look in the local paper.Some property owners do rent their properties out at a certian time of the year for such amount.
The going rate for a 2 bed in Altinkum and Akbuk is around the 400ytl a month for long term.
This should give you some idea how much renting is.

Harem

I've cliqued
If the Hisaronu you are thinking about is the one near Fethiye, then go online to Land of Lights and look at the classified adverts in there.

Why dont you book a cheap holiday for one or two weeks and spend some time going around the emlaks that way you can barter and choose an area you like.

This is what I did intend to do butr found a place we liked and purchased.

Smeegazzle

Thanks for the Land of Lights info - good resource!
If I could push my luck a little further, in your opinion should I be looking at the smaller villages or sticking with the main (tourist) areas?

Cheers

Gary

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Stick with the main tourist area's.You will have others you can associate with when you need them.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
You need to be near shops and other facilities; Hisaronu is very quiet in the winter - almost ghost town.

Better to rent in Fethiye.

My advice would be to get the LoL paper in your hand - the web site is not up to date.
Also, avoid the agents who will charge you commission, and the best deals are not found from ex-pats, but from Turks.

The absolute best way to do it is get someone to drive you round - the best deals never get into the paper, but are just phone numbers in the window.

2/3 bed apartments from 350 - 600TL depending on location.

Ian

Got to agree with immac Fethiye is more central and much warmer also lots more going on there.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom