McDHibs

Telescope
Is there a shop in Fethiye that sells telescopes? Since Linda took a photograph of the moon through binoculars I have had the notion to buy one but don’t really want to ship one out from the UK but cant for the life of me think of seeing a shop that sells them.

Any help much appreciated .

Mike

McDHibs

Telescope
Arse caught yet again I tried to disguise it as a genuine request but you have seen through my cunning plan. Pesky Kids foiled again

juco

Telescope
There are many cheap telescopes offering whatever, you need a decent telescope with an even better tripod, I am sure there was a thread on here a while back about them, try the search facility. I would try and get use from someone who already has one and see if you really want to lay out the expense of a decent one. Many get bored after a short period.

Bear in mind an astronomical telescope has an upside down image so not the best for daytime viewing. High magnification (as usually advertised) is not the best answer you need high light gathering qualities from good lenses.

Unless of course saiorse is correct :)

Telescope
Lots of choices here
You receive it, try it at home and if you aren't satisfied with the telescope, you send it back. Secure shopping online!

Last edited:

hijo

in my own clique
Telescope
..i got one a couple of years ago here in kusadasi from a gun/fishing tackle shop..:31:

Harem

I've cliqued
Telescope
I'm sure Mehmet sells telescopes in his gun shop which is on the outside of the fish market.

Telescope
Buy a decent pair of binoculars first with a mount for a tripod. I would not waste money on a cheap telescope as the quality of the lenses are bad.
best to buy one from the UK which would be half the price or more and start off with a meade ETX 90. Have a browse on this link

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Telescope
Anyone got any ideas for binoculars? I want to get Victor a good pair {of binoculars as well} lol.
Seriously, how do you know what to get cos i don't understand all this 25x50's thingy.
Small and compact, good vision and not too expensive.
I've looked them up but it's all gobbledygook to me. It's only for on hols cos we normally have a sea view and he likes looking at the ships and looking for dolphins etc. {well that's what he tells me}.

Thanks ,

Jeannie

v6cod

Living in Okcular
Telescope
Binoculars are a matter of preference I am afraid and it is always best to try before you buy.

As a guide most will choose between 8x42 and 10x50 in a binocular. Either one would do for your requirement but if it is only sea watching probably stick to the 10x50 the smaller size is better for bird watching.

In binoculars you get what you pay for I am afraid and it depends on your budget. Try to get something with BAK4 prism as this gives a better view.

You can read more about how to choose here How to Choose Binoculars - OPT Telescopes

Alternatively you might want to think about a spotting scope and tripod. As what you will looking at are relatively slow moving. This will give much higher magnification but consequently unless you have a rock steady hand you need a tripod.

Telescope
Tell Victor I spoke to an expert recently and he said if you can spot a mole on a blondes rear in a bikini at 500 yards without squinting, thats the make to buy!!
Sure John,s (V6Cod) advice is more sensible though:smile::smile:

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Telescope
Mer Majesty buys Leica, not cheap, but Her Maj is renowned for not wasting dosh. Well chosen IMHO.

Steve.

v6cod

Living in Okcular
Telescope
If you have an ALDI near you they have a special offer on a spotting scope at the moment

ALDI - Thursday Special Buys 4th February 2010

will not be the best optically but for £19.99 will be ok for looking at ships etc. Also comes with a table top tripod.

It looks very similar to the ones that sell for around £50 on ebay.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom