fireman

Telephone & Broadband
Hello Everyone, Three weeks and we will be in Bodrum, for three weeks. Now that we have both retired I am wanting to make our place in the sun more home like and want a telephone and broadband. Can anyone tell me the cost,what I need to do and the best servers. With broadband we can watch all our tv channels from our home tv via a "Slingbox" and of course use skype. I have been doing this from our freindly Turkish neigbour via his wireless,( with his permission and a bottle of Jack Daniels ) but now want our own. Thanks,Mike

PS. What are the broadband speeds?

butt007

Warren
Telephone & Broadband
Hello Fireman, We too are retired and live out here in Konakli, been here 25months now and don't regret a minute of it. Anyway re the telephone etc. I had to go to the main telecom head office a few miles away, sign a few forms and so on, can't remember how much it was now, but it was only maybe 40 liras, I think we had to take our passports and residency card as well.
We bought our phone at Metro it's called Makro in England, and our local electrician connected it up, our monthly bill is around 20lira paid by direct debit through HSBC.
Internet connection here is ADSL broadband, again you will need to go to the Telecom head office to get it set up.
Price depends on how many gigabytes/month download you need? I have 4gigs/month download max. over that you pay extra/gig, download speed is 1 gigabyte/sec, but often is far slower! I pay for this 26.6liras/mth again by direct debit.
hope this gives you some idea of cost.
Warren

fireman

Telephone & Broadband
Hello Warren, thank you for the info. We spend about three months a year just now, so cannot get residency permit. Can we still get the aforementioned services without this? What is the line costs? We have had a place in the sun for aprox 4yrs now but like I said, I always was able to use next doors wireless but they have moved, hence the need. We are in Konacik and will be over in three weeks, are you far away?. Cheers, Mike

Sorry I see you are in Anlanya,too far!

Last edited:
Telephone & Broadband
You can't get connection without a Residence permit. The usual way round it is to put it in the name of a Turkish friend, or foreign friend with Residence.

butt007

Warren
Telephone & Broadband
Hi Fireman,my neighbour is the administrator for our complex, through her ADSL connection she got a company in to set up wireless internet via a 6ft mast on top of their block, so, anyone here on holiday on entering in the password can use it, of course they have to pay towards the original cost of the set up which I think is 300liras per user, and then 84liras a year.
Warren
P.S. Of course for this arrangement you do not need a residence permit, I forgot to add.

Last edited:

kemer007

Telephone & Broadband
Hello Fireman

We have just got our telephone and internet as well.The first thing you should do is to go to the main PTT office.There you fill some documents and you choose your own home number.At the same time ask them for internet as well.get the one unlimited for 45Lira.But do not get their wireless.You must buy your own wireless.As we bought one called LNKSYS WAG54GP2.Which is about 140Lira.Be carefull with the model of wireless..
As there are many brands but not very good.LOL

REDDERS

Telephone & Broadband
Fireman,if you have a home in bodrum or immediate area,you can go to KIPPA and inside you will see a turk telekom stand,take your passport & sign up,as simple as that!!!.In 2 days if a phone line is 'in your house' a t.t.engineer will arive to check it out(& poss.charge 15tl!).Then next day you go back to KIPPA & the same girl will give you a t.t.airties wireless adsl router,take it home & set up in less than 1 hour(takes time as instructions are all in turkish,so just 'look at the pictures'.....& hope!)
Phone standing charges are 15tl(& a couple of krus) & adsl has 2 scales,limited is 29tl p.month,but if you are streaming tv or using internet radio you WILL need unlimited @49tl p.month.
All info correct as of 8 weeks ago.Thats when i applied.

Regards,martin...

dalyansteve

Telephone & Broadband
The airties router is actually very good although I had to pay for mine, so if ttnet are offering a free one take it. You should be able to download english instructions from airties.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom