sueandken

TEDAS nightmare!!!!
We have received an electricity bill from Tedas for 1.579,95 (£667) which we paid last week (approx 18th August) plus we have received another one for £85 to be paid on the 7th September. We have had no one in our apartment since October 2008 and have rented it out for 44 days this year from May until middle of August. We had a new electricity meter installed but our management company have checked it and say its not faulty. Last year our bills ranged from 17,78 to 80,96 per month. Something must be wrong BUT I dont know what to do about it. There is no way our bill is £667 but we have had to pay it. Can anyone let me know what I should do or perhaps give me some advice. Does anyone have an email address for Tedas or even an address where I can write to them. I think the meter is faulty and probably connected up to all the apartments in our block. We are coming out on September 7th for what we hoped would be a stress free holiday. HELP.............

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
TEDAS nightmare!!!!
Could be that others are using your electricity? I seen it before in Turgutreis

Biker Bob

We have received an electricity bill from Tedas for 1.579,95 (£667) which we paid last week (approx 18th August) plus we have received another one for £85 to be paid on the 7th September. We have had no one in our apartment since October 2008 and have rented it out for 44 days this year from May until middle of August. We had a new electricity meter installed but our management company have checked it and say its not faulty. Last year our bills ranged from 17,78 to 80,96 per month. Something must be wrong BUT I dont know what to do about it. There is no way our bill is £667 but we have had to pay it. Can anyone let me know what I should do or perhaps give me some advice. Does anyone have an email address for Tedas or even an address where I can write to them. I think the meter is faulty and probably connected up to all the apartments in our block. We are coming out on September 7th for what we hoped would be a stress free holiday. HELP.............

PASH

TEDAS nightmare!!!!
I agree, on our site my neighbour found that she was paying for the electricity to seven homes, ask an independant electrician to look at it and then report back to the Tedas

juco

TEDAS nightmare!!!!
You could be paying for others, however you say you rented it. Its not unkown for renters to leave the aircon on for 7/24 that will run up one hell of a bill. Do you get anyone to check the readings when renters leave the property? that way you have a before & after so you get a weekly/fortnight reading.
can you switch the elec off at the mains? Can you lock it but still let elec man get his reading? I get the renters to do this before they leave.
Can you, when the property is not getting rented flick the switches on the inside for the various circuits? this should stop anyone using outdoor sockets.

Switch off all elec items in the house and see if the meter still runs?

Last edited:

bev timms

bev timms
TEDAS nightmare!!!!
Hi, and many commiserations. We have just returned from Altinkum and were greeted with a 519 TL bill for water ( for four weeks usage). Many protestations later, we were left with no option but to pay the bill or be cut off. Later discovered our neighbour had used our water to fill his swimming pool, but we have no way to prove this other than cause trouble for the person who told us. We were too scared to go to the electricity place as we feared another huge bill. will face that one in 5 weeks when next out. Again,commiserations.

Jan and Bev

:slapme::boohoo:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
TEDAS nightmare!!!!
Blimey, I had to re-read your post as it's huge. We've just had our monthly statement for June/July, three of us were there for 12 days, aircon on because so hot, showers aplenty and the washing machine on almost every day, albeit only an economy quick wash, however our electric bill was £14.40, and the water bill £1.79!!!

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
TEDAS nightmare!!!!
how on earth did you manage a water bill of £1.79????

bev

Each month we get our statements, I query because they are so low, they're not even worth sending when we're not staying there, lol. We are on a huge sitesi and each have our own metres, we read ours each time we go and leave too. I don't know!!! I'm not complaining though.

panther

TEDAS nightmare!!!!
I was getting huge electric bills and convinced I was paying to run the pool. The family in the block that organise the pool. I asked him who was paying for the electric as it wouldn't be the builder or utilities company. He couldn't answer. I stated I had large electric bills and he said "I can assure you its not your electric." I was satisfied thinking, It wasn't mine. I had some time 18 months ago when out and asked the father of this family where the communal electric meter was and he pointed to a bunch of wires and no meter. I realised I was registered as a No.7 and only 6 apartments in block.
I went to see engineer in tedas and three people came down after I stated problem. The meter that was the son of this family was apparently mine and he was getting free electric as I was paying. He even went out and got all electric lamps around the balcony.
They have conveniently ignored me asking for a nominal amount for them having free electric for 3 and half years. The partner said "that was the builder that." Otherwords they don't want to pay.
I haven't come across people that wouldn't pay their electric realising this.
So they have had the pool running free for 3 and half years.
Nice people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gra

belek member
TEDAS nightmare!!!!
Tedas charge at 2 rates, the higher builders rate in Belek is around 34 cents per kw.

if the air con unit is rated at 3 kw.

1 hour = 1(hour) x 3(kw) x .34(kw cost) = 1.02 lira

24 hours = 24 x 3 x .34 = 24.48 lira

bev timms

bev timms
TEDAS nightmare!!!!
Panther , just read your post and sadly cant say I am amazed or surprised. I am constantly confounded by the behaviour of some folks we call neighbours and wonder how they sleep at night..then again, they have no large bills to fret about so likely sleep very well.

jan and bev

:114mf:

sueandken

TEDAS nightmare!!!!
thank you everyone for your help and advice. I am going to ask Oracle if they would arrange for an electrician from Tedas to come down and look at the meter and report back. Failing that, we will have to wait until we go over there in September although I would like to get it sorted asap. Alternatively, does anyone know an independent electrician I can get hold of. Thanks again everyone.
Sue and Ken

Latest Posts

Top Bottom