ukizook

Ted j
Thought I'd pop on here to wish Ted and Kath a happy new life in Turkey, it was quite a wait before they finally could move out due to some hospital visits etc for them.
They eventually flew out and settled in well, Sadly Ted's has a slight mishap (well a bit more than slight ) so things haven't got of to a flying start for them.
Best wishes to you both and chin up, it's only a minor hiccup after what you've been through, sunny days ahead ;)

Steven.

Last edited:
Ted j
Ted I thought about you the other day and wondered if you had made the move yet.
Glad to see you have, don't know what your hiccup is but really hope you're well.
Good luck and best wishes in your new home, hope it's a healthy and happy new chapter in yours and Caths life

Sue xxx

ted j

Ted j
We are in Didim
Ironically we were supposed to be going to Aydin for residency the day after this happened , that'll have to be done at a later date now
We got taken to Didim hospital then Soke then Aydin where there was a surgeon compentent enough to perform the surgery,he put a metal plate in and some gizmo to stop my hip joint becoming weak ...I have a local firm changing the dressing and can get round pretty well on crutches

Because of the stitches(actually metal staples.....all 53 of them), there is no plaster cast , so I am hoping they say I can weight bear soon ...I can already lift my leg up towards the ceiling whilst lying in bed , so the plate is holding

Tess

Ted j
Flip me Ted, you sure played it down the other day when we were in touch, jeeeeezzzzz, that is some war wound to add to the others, yet, I know you will be tripping the light fantastic asap, love to you and Kath xxxx
Take good care x

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Ted j
Speedy recovery Ted. Many happy years for You and Kath as you embark upon this chapter of your lives.

The nights are drawing in here, feels very autumnal tonight and heavy rain. Still lots of summer left in Turkey.

akbukowl

Ted j
We are in Didim
Ironically we were supposed to be going to Aydin for residency the day after this happened , that'll have to be done at a later date now
We got taken to Didim hospital then Soke then Aydin where there was a surgeon compentent enough to perform the surgery,he put a metal plate in and some gizmo to stop my hip joint becoming weak ...I have a local firm changing the dressing and can get round pretty well on crutches

Because of the stitches(actually metal staples.....all 53 of them), there is no plaster cast , so I am hoping they say I can weight bear soon ...I can already lift my leg up towards the ceiling whilst lying in bed , so the plate is holding

I had a similar operation on my knee some years ago If my experience is anything to go by then it was six weeks before I could partially weight bare and mother six weeks before I got back onto my feet with a lot of physio,so my advice is take your time and make sure everything is healed properly

Latest Posts

Top Bottom