Kanga

Team GB
Really enjoying it. It must be so strange to compete without an audience.

Shouldn't it be Team UK though to include N Ireland? GB is just the mainland isn't it?

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Team GB
Really enjoying it. It must be so strange to compete without an audience.

Shouldn't it be Team UK though to include N Ireland? GB is just the mainland isn't it?
I took note of that prior to the games even starting but I've ran out of tin hats, so I kept quiet.

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Team GB
Lets just enjoy this sporting feast, matters not what country, nation, colour, beliefs they have.
Most of us have no idea what these individuals & their families have gone through to get to the Olympics. Theres a lot more to it than just having talent.

Last edited:

Camden

Team GB
Fantastic and a big thanks to GB NI Team now 4th in the world .... so far ( will change) let's hope Paralympics competitors will shine as well

18 gold
18 silver19 bronze55 overall medal count

Last edited:

Hilsjw

Team GB
Did anyone see the ladies modern pentathlon ? The German woman was coming first but then came the horse jumping. Her horse just wouldn't budge and was playing up. The rider was crying, it was awful to watch. The horse eventually got started but knocked a coupe of polls down, then refused. Rider was disqualified. The next thing, her trainer gave the horse a punch, out of sight of the cameras and has been banned from the stadium. The same horse was ridden successfully by our British man and was fine (he won the men's race and got the gold medal) I don't know if you can get it on Utube .

35pluschips

Top Poster Of Month
Team GB
Did anyone see the ladies modern pentathlon ? The German woman was coming first but then came the horse jumping. Her horse just wouldn't budge and was playing up. The rider was crying, it was awful to watch. The horse eventually got started but knocked a coupe of polls down, then refused. Rider was disqualified. The next thing, her trainer gave the horse a punch, out of sight of the cameras and has been banned from the stadium. The same horse was ridden successfully by our British man and was fine (he won the men's race and got the gold medal) I don't know if you can get it on Utube .
I did feel for the German rider, who wouldn’t but it was soon forgotten when our rider went onto win it.
The punching of the horse was bloody diabolical, the horse will forget about it but the trainer who did it.......stuck with that act forever and a day.

Camden

Team GB
I thank our GB NI team for their great success ..... just one sour note, and not the winners fault ...it was reported on radio that many of the athletes travelling home by plane arrived at the airport . The non medal winners were told to stay on the plane ...whilst medal winners were invited to disembark so waiting photographers could do a photoshoot. Whilst non medal holders were not allowed to disembark but wait

One non medal holders said he felt we were forgotten, seen as losers, not worth to be feted by the public 2 nd class .... He said people forget many had done their best, some personal best, against the best athletes around the world ...in pandemic conditions and vile humidity ...5 years training and both personal and family sacrifices in the run up some overcoming injuries ..... So let's not forget the UK NI TEAM as a whole and thank them ALL for representing us so well ....

and lets not forget and cheer the UK NI Paralympics team and events to come

Latest Posts

Top Bottom