hachris

Teach yourself/Learn... Turkish for a complete beginner..
Hi,

I am trying to find some good Turkish learning package for beginners. I need to see the words, to hear them (pronunciation) and to get English equivalent at the same time. It must run on my Pc and it must be possible to rip it to my MP3 player. Does anybody have a good experience with any product of “my” category of needs? I have found Rosetta Stone's, it’s not cheap but if it worth the money I will buy it. Did anybody try it?

Turkish seems to have a completely different logics and I have to understand what is going on. So I need a good grammar book for beginners – any recommendations? Where should I start.

Grateful for help.
Hana C.

teresa

Free Thinker
BYKI do a free version and bigger one that you can buy to put on your ipod if you think you like it. Basic but helps with vocabulary - try the free download as you have nothing to lose.

Learn 42 languages with free software downloads

Rosetta Stone is supposed to be for beginners and I have used it but I am pleased that I knew some Turkish before using it.

There are lots of books and discs available and a lot of it is to do with personal preference I think.

Good luck with the learning.

Mirazz

I also use Turkishclass, but I prefer livemocha.com

They have two Turkish level courses - 101 and 102. You can read and listen to the correct pronunciation. There is a test at the end of each lesson and you can work at your own pace. I would recommend it.

Nergis-Ece

AKA Danielle
It's not a programme or a course, but for explanations I find learningpracticalturkish.com to be really helpful. If there's anything you get stuck with or need an explanation for, this site is almost guaranteed to be of some help :)

BYKI do a free version and bigger one that you can buy to put on your ipod if you think you like it. Basic but helps with vocabulary - try the free download as you have nothing to lose.

Learn 42 languages with free software downloads

Rosetta Stone is supposed to be for beginners and I have used it but I am pleased that I knew some Turkish before using it.

There are lots of books and discs available and a lot of it is to do with personal preference I think.

Good luck with the learning.

Hi Teresa,
Thanks for the BYKI link, I've just downloaded it and it looks really easy and simple to use. Which it needs to be for me. LOL

loobyloo

Hi guys,
i'm loving this site - everyone is so down to earth and helpful!!
I've had a look at some of the sites suggested to learn Turkish and I have to agree wi Mirazz, I've found "livemocha" to be the best one. You can start at any level and at your own pace.

Sarahlou

Hi I have signed up to Livemocha. I keep getting messages from young unattached males wanting to be added as a friend. When I joined Turkish Learning class the same thing happened but soon stopped. Can I assume that the message senders will stop on livemocha too.

lara

Actually, the grammer rules that are set out on this forum, I have found to be really good, they are well set out and the explanation easy to understand and follow.

geagleiam

Turkish is too difficult to be learned by listening. You must make lots of exercises of grammar and reading before starting to listen. See in search in yahoo the address turkishfree.webs.com.

Yes, just like the Irish language. Very, very difficult, Irish that is.
Interesting user name you have.

Mary.

karios

Living in Gumusluk
Hi,

I am trying to find some good Turkish learning package for beginners. I need to see the words, to hear them (pronunciation) and to get English equivalent at the same time. It must run on my Pc and it must be possible to rip it to my MP3 player. Does anybody have a good experience with any product of “my” category of needs? I have found Rosetta Stone's, it’s not cheap but if it worth the money I will buy it. Did anybody try it?

Turkish seems to have a completely different logics and I have to understand what is going on. So I need a good grammar book for beginners – any recommendations? Where should I start.

Grateful for help.
Hana C.
Hi check this web-site out....livemocha.com

SAMIMI

Sometimes on live mocha you will be given a few sentences to read and record. The sentences are not always correct...........I have had members come on and say "what are you trying to say and made corrections to what was written even though it was written by livemocha!!

Hi! I'm doing my best to teach foreigners to "speak" Turkish through my storytelling method. Have you tried my MP3 lessons yet? Here is my website address. There you will find some simple grammar lessons and sample story lessons. See you there!

Learn to Speak Turkish Fast - Home

Actually, the grammer rules that are set out on this forum, I have found to be really good, they are well set out and the explanation easy to understand and follow.

which grammar rules are those Lara ?

geagleiam

Although many people have more than one courses of Turkish they can`t learn it. If you say “I have to go to school now” according to the Turkish word order you will say “I now schoolto gohaveto”. Think what happens with more complicated sentences. For getting used to this word order you need reading lots of texts. You can find in turkishfree dot webs dot com. Even if you don`t like the grammar explanations there and read them from other sources use this site for exercises of reading if you want to learn the language.
In this site other users can check your writing exercises:
livemocha dot com.
Of course, afterwards you must find Turkish people on skype with whom to speak the language for practice of speaking and listening.
Wish you success!

SAMIMI

Have a look at Shirley's "Word Order" thread here on TLF. She explains it very well. Her lesson are very well put together and you can post and ask her questions if you are unsure of something.

It is also very helpful to learn from a Turkish website as you will be able to hear a native Turkish person speaking. The best one I have recently found, I am very happy with as he reads the sentences slowly at first and I can hear each sylabil. Here is the link:

Learn to Speak Turkish Fast - Home

Latest Posts

Top Bottom