rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Taxis taking the P***
I was under the impression that the taxis of Bodrum had dropped their after midnight excess.
My son took a taxi at 2.30am from outside the Yacht Club in Bodrum to come home to the Bodrum side of Torba. Guess how much they wanted????

45tl is this taking the p*** or what. A matter of some 10Km max. Needless to say he did not get paid that nor did he get a tip. Just over £18 - beware all and negotiate before you set foot in the taxi.

:27:

Martyn

Taxis taking the P***
They do say that you should get the price first.

Last edited by a moderator:

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Taxis taking the P***
similar thing here last Wednesday just after midnight, we got a taxi from Turgutreis to my house, 2km then on the way back dropped my friends off so in total a journey of about 5km maximum, charged 23TL, he was not happy about driving to my house as its down a very dark track (which is why I got a taxi in the first place) in the past this has cost about 10TL. bloody rip off!!!!

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Taxis taking the P***
Please dont get me wrong . But a journey of 7 miles were i live in uk costs £16 one way after midnight . They are makeing hay while the sun shines . petrol is same price or higher than the UK . But in the resorts of Turkey they have to live on what they earn in summer all through the winter unlike UK were they get good trade all year . To hold a Taxi licence in Antalya costs £75.000 . £100.000 in istanbul . a lot of drivers work for the licence holders . Yes its expensive after midnight not to bad for a group but for a lone traveler . But at least your safely taken to your own front door . Diane

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Taxis taking the P***
I agree with your comments Pineapple its the variance in price that bugs me (and a lot of others I think) I expect to pay more in the season as I know that that is when most money is made but I do object to being charged more than twice the price for the same journey taken only 10 days apart but one before midnight and one after, both taxis took me home first and then dropped my friends off

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Taxis taking the P***
with all due respect Diane I have to disagree with you. 7 miles is just under 11.25 km therefore £16 works out at £1.43 per km where as here in Bodrum asking price was £1.80 per km and as for the taxi drivers making hay while the sun shines, I have not noticed that the printed prices during the winter are any less. As for the price of petrol/diesel here in Turkey, most taxis are run on LP gas which is much cheaper. So I am still convinced that they will rip of anyone that they think is a holiday maker or Yabanci.

REDDERS

Taxis taking the P***
the turkish guy 2 doors down from us drives for deniz taxis,gumbet,& i called him 1 month ago to take us from carrafor/shell garage on bodrum ring road to gumbet cafe bar.Bearing in mind we get on with him & his family well,he picked us up at 8pm,there was already 3tl on the clock & by the time we arrived at the cafe bar the meter read 15.90tl.
I thought the price was a bit steep,but like most of us I paid up & shut up !

martin

Peregrine

Taxis taking the P***
I ..................

45tl is this taking the p*** or what. A matter of some 10Km max. Needless to say he did not get paid that nor did he get a tip. Just over £18 - beware all and negotiate before you set foot in the taxi.
:27:

I have to agree this is taking the p**s

I wouldnt be driving anyone around at 2.30 in the morning for less than £100

get real - the taxi is doing your son a service, especially at that time of the day so you should pay a reasonable sum for it

ps - cant make hay at 2.30 in the morning co theres no sun shining at that time

Latest Posts

Top Bottom