Summertime

Golden Girls
Taxi in Altinkum
Since I enjoy my holliday in Didim in August very much, and there is only one thing I would like to know more about, as I am not Engish and do not whirte English very good, but I still hope you can understand what I mean. The case is, I was kicked out of taxi twice, because I refuse fix price, I asked them to turn on the taxameter, the refused and showed me a note and told me within Altinkum Didm there was one price, I told them no, and asked again put on the taxameter, one boy, sagging boy, was very aggresive, this was outside Carrefour, the other time was in Dolphin Square, all in daytime, that was an older man, he just told me to step out, do the have right, is it one price, and should I have agree with them.

Last edited:

jewel

Taxi in Altinkum
Hi there Summertime,well yes there is a set price in and around Altinkum but always check before you get in what the price is.There is a board outside the taxi office which has the set price on it,however sometimes they will try and charge you more so always ask.Regard jewel x

Janice McAndrew

Northernlass1959
Taxi in Altinkum
Hi,

Yes as far as I am aware it is a fixed price journey unless you like I do use the same person every time and then you can negotiate a fare with them. This seems to work for me.

Jan

Summertime

Golden Girls
Taxi in Altinkum
Thank you, for explaning me, but I still wonder, there will be no note, and there will be no tax to pay for the taxiowners, as far as I know, the Didim city is in need for more taxmoney. Please dont get me wrong, I will gladly pay the money with taximeter or without, but will the taxiowner pay their tax to Didim Counsil? There is no note.

Last edited:
Taxi in Altinkum
This is altinkum and they do not pay tax that is why altinkum is in the state is it,maybe the council will look into it or are they on a back hander.
Its tim,e the council got there act together and forget about parking fines and clamp down on the taxis.or are they related PROBABLY.:hearnoevi

Tess

Taxi in Altinkum
Summertime to my knowledge the rate is set in and around Altinkum, Didim but for longer journeys the meter is used. Generally I use the Dolmus as it is much cheaper and I like to use it anyway. When I go to the supermarket to do a big shop I generally get a taxi back, and it is the set price - from memory in July it was 15ytl, pretty expensive I feel but worth it with a boot full of shopping. Last year a few of us took a taxi to the Water park and shared the cost and the taxi driver used the meter and that is the price we paid, he also agreed a time to collect us and when we came out from the park, he was sitting waiting. They do however appear reluctant to veer from the set price, I can never resist a try at haggling but so far have not been successful. But, the Lord loves a trier, and I never disappoint LOL!!!!

Taxi in Altinkum
I think that they shoot themselves in the foot as they do not think long term as we live here they will get more custom from us if the prices were kept to a reasonable price as i say we would use them in the winter months when they need us.as i say they do not think long term that is why us expats do not use there servicesif the prices were reasonable i woulds use them all the time but 20ytl from migros to tuntas forget it leave it to the tourists and worry about why the taxis are empty in the winter:474cu::hearnoevi:hearnoevi:hearnoevi:hearnoevi:218by::416pv::pressie::Wales::amen::baby:

parrot

Taxi in Altinkum
was recently quoted 30lira from X to Y while waiting for a dolmus on Attaturk Blvd yesterday,the taxi driver just pulled up and asked where we were going,I said will get the dolmus he lowered his price to 20 lira still no thanks.I suppose its hard for them to get away from the rip off culture when everyone else is at it.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom