ronzeus

Tax dodging Bono
You summed hım up ın one word Carol.Tos%er.Why do polıtıtıons fawn over idiots like him,are they all star struck.?

Tax dodging Bono
talking of bob geldof many years ago when i was 18 i was in a nightclub in liverpool .and a really scruffy man was standing beside at a the bar i said to my friend my god he looks like he needs a wash lol .she said you dont know who he is i had no idea it was bob himself.i said dont care he still needs a wash lol.

Tax dodging Bono
Yes, I do.
As far as I can tell from what I read he has achieved a lot in terms of debt relief in Africa and charitable work.
Now let me stress the first nine words. AS FAR AS I CAN TELL FROM WHAT I READ....
[I also include any TV coverage I have seen.]
If anyone has any contrary evidence or any evidence of tax fraud I would be prepared to read it.
By the way, I said "fraud" not "avoidance". I avoid as much tax as possible, in accordance with the law and with a clear conscience.

kelchocolate

Just Watch Me
Tax dodging Bono
As for me, i don't like the bloke. If he feels so strongly why can't he ask his rich friends to give a bit more? Instead of nagging hardworking, people to death.
And how do we know the money is definitely going to the people who need it most.

Tax dodging Bono
As for me, i don't like the bloke. If he feels so strongly why can't he ask his rich friends to give a bit more? Instead of nagging hardworking, people to death.
And how do we know the money is definitely going to the people who need it most.

Hi Chokie,
How do you know?
You don't nor never will of any charity; but if you think the best of people then you should believe that the money is indeed going to the people who need it.

If you think the worst of people then you will never.

Don't like the bloke? You never met him.

"why can't he ask his rich friends......" Maybe he did. Maybe they did.

kelchocolate

Just Watch Me
Tax dodging Bono
Hi Chokie,
How do you know?
You don't nor never will of any charity; but if you think the best of people then you should believe that the money is indeed going to the people who need it.
You've got a point there.I still have great faith humanity.I still am very sceptical the people who they say need it ever get it.If you think the worst of people then you will never.

Don't like the bloke? You never met him.
Never met him,don't want to and don't need to."why can't he ask his rich friends......"
Maybe he did. Maybe they did.

Maybe he didn't and maybe they did not.

Jules

Last edited:

carolk

R.I.P
Tax dodging Bono
Bono's wife has just been through a ludicrous legal battle with Stella McCartney over the word 'nude' in the lines they both own and promote. This was instigated by his wife. I think the article was a correct reflection of the man. He and his family could never spend what they have now and so, being in the monetary position he is in and feeling as strongly as he does, yes, in my opinion he could give away much more.

Hotmama

Tax dodging Bono
In an article about Bono on Saturday, Quentin Letts quoted the wrong figure for the funds raised by RED to fight disease in Africa.

In fact RED has so far successfully raised more than $135million (£86million) which has been directly applied to combating AIDS in Africa.

No marketing costs or overheads were deducted.

We are happy to make this clear and regret we got it wrong.
------------------------------------------------------------
Let me ask the doubters, what do you do to change the world.

Pleas see the DM site that has been altered to reflect the incorrect facts of the original article.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom