Tarla or Arsa ?
Does your Tapu list your house as on Tarla land? If so did you know that you can only sell it to a Turkish national ? If and when you die you cannot leave the property to your siblings (non Turkish)

I am trying to find as many people as possible to help amend this law. The more the merrier as it gets cheaper to hire a lawyer to submit our case.

The only other way is to change your land from Tarla to Arsa this is very very expensive, up to £8000, is to apply for 'Imar' (building permission) and takes up to 18 months and then not guaranteed.

Check your Tapu NOW.

Tarla or Arsa ?
Thanks for this info - have just check our Tapu, one says ARSA the other says ARSASI one being the house and the other being the garden land.

zozatky

Tarla or Arsa ?
I think from my understanding of the situation in Yesiluzumlu is that the local council gave permition to build on tarla land back in 1996 without getting the ok from Ankara so yes you can at the moment only sell to Turkish folk that applies to most villages in that province.

Sara-666

Tarla or Arsa ?
We built on Tarla land with permission from the local Muhtar, this is legal practise where we live as it is all koy land, I think it was 5% build permission.

Sara

zozatky

Tarla or Arsa ?
Thanks for this info - have just check our Tapu, one says ARSA the other says ARSASI one being the house and the other being the garden land.
So now your next move is to convert the arsa tapu into Kat Mulkiyeti then you are home & dry..!!

Tarla or Arsa ?
We are looking at a house where the tapu says only 'tarla' and does not mention the house itself, though there is a letter from the muhtar which backdates the building to make it 'legal'. Is it a safe bet for a Turk to buy this? Is the house actually legal? The tarla has building permission of 5%, so the house is within that.

Tarla or Arsa ?
yes our land was changed from asrsa to tarla but we do have the habitation certificate
-As you say this means turkish sales or through a limited company only.
I would like to see that changed but realisticly what chance is there of foreigners changing Turkish law!!

Sara-666

Tarla or Arsa ?
We are looking at a house where the tapu says only 'tarla' and does not mention the house itself, though there is a letter from the muhtar which backdates the building to make it 'legal'. Is it a safe bet for a Turk to buy this? Is the house actually legal? The tarla has building permission of 5%, so the house is within that.

This is exactly the same as our house, we only have a tarla tapu and yet our address is registered and we have our number plate from the belediye, we hold our residence permits at this address and the kaymakam has our house registered as our address. It is a legal house as we have electicity from Aydem and a water supply. Most village houses are the same, 5% build permission from the local Mukhtar.

Sara

kemerkid

________
Tarla or Arsa ?
I am not going to contradict anyone on this thread but rather just tell people what I know.

Tarla land is agricultural land and not building land and it will remain so until the government decree an area to have Imar. Imar is not something you can apply for by any stretch of the imagination.

Tarla land cannot be purchased by a non-Turk. Turks can build a shelter on Tarla land to use when they tend their crops or their animals.

Belediye’s and Muhtar’s cannot provide a Ruhsat unless there is Imar for the given area, they do however give the nod to building on Tarla land for a consideration (according to what they think you can afford) More than half the housing in Turkey is not on Imar land and a good percentage of those are on land not owned by the residents.

Turks buy and sell this kind of housing on a regular basis as it is common practice and in most cases the house will stay there until it falls down but if the land becomes the subject of compulsory purchase then the land value will be compensated but not the house, likewise if anybody in authority decides the house has to go, then so be it.

I know that this is not what any of you want to hear but this is Turkey and that’s the way it is. If you doubt anything I say then get it confirmed or refuted by the proper people but you should be aware of the rules and no one should part with money in ignorance. This has happened too often in the past as this forum gives testimony to.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom