celtic

TAPU with Kat İrtifakı ticked & ISKAN issued
Hi Celtic, the subject of TAPU's with the Kat İrtifakı box ticked is covered on this forum quite a lot but Im sure there are still many many unanswered questions on this subject.

But can I ask this; as a buyer, if you have been shown a copy of the TAPU with Kat İrtifakı ticked and have also been shown a copy of the Habitation Certificate (Iskan) covering the block/property, will the TAPU issued upon the sale of the property be changed to show the correct status of Kat Mülkiyeti? And is there additional cost to this?

How would be the best way of resolving a situation like this to ensure the paperwork is all correct and up to date? Thanks

Hi CrashTester,

All properties in this circumstance(shown with kat irtifakı but actually in kat mulkiyeti) have to be amended as showing their true forms until the 28th Novermber 2009. The property owners who don't fulfill this obligation until this date will be amerced of a 1000 TL.

It costs about 110 TL to change the tapu from kat irtifaki to kat mulkiyesi in the land registry office. You won't have to pay any other amount in land registry office but in tax office. The tax ratio is 15 per thousand of the current value of the property that the tapu deed will get transformed from kat irtifaki to kat mulkiyeti.

The documents which are needed to change the tapu deed to kat mukliyeti;

-Architectural project

-plan of the current circumstance

-List of the independent properties

-habitation certificate

-Management plan

I have a really limited time today and could barely write this shorty message without much explanation. To be continued later when I have more free time, hope this helps.

Cem

littledave

littledave
hi celtic, i have kat irtifaki ticked and have hab cert.. i am not sure what i pay tax again for but i,m sure and hope you may explain.to me and probably half of tlf members... thanks dave

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Hi there
I have Kat iritfaki on my Tapu and have a full iskan, i had my property measured and gps located on tuesday, the total cost was about £900 with taxes, but because i was coming home on wednesday night i had to hand power of attourney to the architect to change my Tapu, this cost me just over £100, the paperwork they wanted was Tapu, Iskan, Dask and a notarised document for them to act on my behalf

martin

celtic

hi celtic, i have kat irtifaki ticked and have hab cert.. i am not sure what i pay tax again for but i,m sure and hope you may explain.to me and probably half of tlf members... thanks dave

Hi Dave,

I need to explain the terms first to be understood properly, I guess.

First, you must know that "kat irtifakı" is the name of a joint unity where the owners have shares on a property. A building is constructed on a land(arsa) and kat irtifaki means to be that you are having a portion of it, but not an independent apartment. The transformation of tapu deeds(from kat irtifaki to kat mulkiyeti) is required to be done by the government because of this. Otherwise, there seems to be only one property of many owners(although each of them has one property) with shares, and this causese tax loss.

While holding a kat irtifaki deed of a property, you are not deemed to have an apartment, but share of a property(1/16 or 1/22 for instance). You have to apply to the land registry office for changing the type/description of your tapu with this reason. Some of the members here might have heard about the type changing before, it's called cins degisikligi/tashihi in Turkish.

The 15 per thousand of tax rate is to be imposed on changing the types of properties and it's calculated out of the current value of the new type of the property(house, workplace and etc..)

In conclusion, the amount of money that you payed while buying the tapu of kat irtifaki was calculated out of the value of that share, but not an independent apartment. The change of the type/description will be compulsory for transforming the tapu record from kat irtifaki to kat mulkiyeti, and you'll have to pay this 15 per thousand tax that will be calculated out of the value of your properties.

It was a really tiresome day and I'm feeling to have been exhausted, but I'm still hoping to have expressed everything as clear as to be understood.

I'll be back some time later for elaborating the points that the members still consider unclear. Now, let me to drink something cool and have a little rest, uhh..

Ps. The DASK(compulsory earthquake insurance) bill has to be submitted to the land registry office in order to change the status of your tapu from kat irtifaki to kat mulkiyeti as well. I seem to have forgotten to count that in my prior message, excuse me.

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
This would explain them taking GPS co ordinates of my plot of land within the sitesi plot.
thanks celtic !

martin

Latest Posts

Top Bottom