gra

belek member
Tapu transfer Brit-Brit
Hi all

We would appreciate any advice regarding ex-pats selling property to each other, do we need to enlist an emlak or can we make the applications ourselfs, we do not have residency or any busineses in Turkey .
Sorry if this has been covered before.

Gra

PASH

Tapu transfer Brit-Brit
My understanding is that each party has a lawyer who draws up the transfer contract and then you transfer the tapu, could be wrong but i think its fairly simple and you do not need an emlak!

Reactions: gra

Martyn

Tapu transfer Brit-Brit
My understanding is that each party has a lawyer who draws up the transfer contract and then you transfer the tapu, could be wrong but i think its fairly simple and you do not need an emlak!

Don't think it is as simple as that(hope it is though) it is treated as a sale and you have to have a military search plus all the usual fees, taxes etc except as you say and Emlak is not required.

Dalaman Deli

Loving Life in Turkey!
Tapu transfer Brit-Brit
You don't need a lawyer or an emlak, but you do need to know your way around the system and, unless you speak Turkish, or there are English speaking people at the local Council and the Tapu office, you will need the help of Turkish person to translate for you. You will need to purchase the correct maps from the local council and the Kadastro office in order to start the military permission, plus notarised copies of the buyers and sellers passports to start the procedure.

Not for the faint of heart, but it can be done.

dalyansteve

Tapu transfer Brit-Brit
Dalaman Deli is on the button as usual, but being foreign you will need an official translator at some stage, why not find one and do a deal to do the whole lot for you, it should be cheaper than using a lawyer or an emlak who would have to bring in an official translator at some point. Try and find one who can actualy speak the language!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom