Andy

Tapu.The longest wait
Just a thought of how many people have waited more than the normal 3 months for their Tapu's to come through.

When i first bought in October my agent said the wait would be no longer than 3 months, now 6 months later he's saying it shouldn't be long now.
I know alot of people have wait alonger than me so who has had the longest wait.

It will give me and other people who have just purchased some idea how long we may have to wait.

Andy

lorraine

Non Active Member
Tapu.The longest wait
Andy not sure why last October your agent gave you 3month waiting period for your Tapu, unless they had spent their vacation on Mars the Tapu were halted (indefinitely) on 27th July and only given the go ahead for issuing again Mid January this year.

In the past it was said that Tapu would take approx 3 months, once the new system is in place the issue of title deeds is hoped to be speeded up considerably with a view to a maximum of 6weeks.

Many members on the forum have purchased in 2004 and are still waiting, many Tapus have had to be re-registered as the military time period has expired others are now caught in the baglog.

If you are still worried you can ask you estate agent or solicitor to find out how far your Tapu is on the list, they dont like doing it as it is time consuming, but you are entitiled to it, then of course it is up to you to decide if the date they give you is pulled out of a hat.

But rest assured October is no time at all.

rafiki

Andy
Tapu.The longest wait
My tapu has just arrived after 13 months and I'm sure that theres plenty of people been waiting a lot longer!!

Tapu.The longest wait
We signed our contract at the beginning of October 2005. I have just enquired about how much longer we will have to wait; this is the reply I got...
"We have no news yet of your permissions coming through but we will let you know the moment they do arrive. We have no way of chasing them up as this is the military/goverment that they have to go through and no one can skirt around the waiting period. Your deeds are just one of the thousands throughout.
When you come over in May you will be able to furnish the house and also be able to stay in it."

kaplumba

Tapu.The longest wait
My Tapu has taken 11 months. Military permission was applied for twice once in April 05 and again about 3 weeks ago as the first one had expired during the law change. It arrived on Thursday.

g&t

gary & tracy
Tapu.The longest wait
we purchased our villa in march 2004, we did have slightly added complications on our site as it was part co-operative owned and then of course the new laws froze the issuing of tapus completly for some time but its now 2 years later and my agent has advised me last night i should recieve my tapu in the next 2 weeks

loopylynda

LoopyLynda
Tapu.The longest wait
I have been waiting over 12 months!! and getting really frustrated. Has anyone received their tapu who applied since March 2005? Do we have to reapply, as our estate agents said not?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Susan

Non Active Member
Tapu.The longest wait
Hi we bought our property mid May 2005 and signed and received our Tapu on 27th February 2006.

Think this is really good as from July 2005 to December 2005 all Tapu's were frozen while the new law got passed.

But we did use a lawyer which I think does help she has got the builder to sign and agree to pay for things we never thought about.

Best wishes and good luck to everybody who is waiting and hope they all come through soon.

Susan

kaplumba

Tapu.The longest wait
loopylynda said:
I have been waiting over 12 months!! and getting really frustrated. Has anyone received their tapu who applied since March 2005? Do we have to reapply, as our estate agents said not?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

As I posted before - we applied in April 05, got military permission on 26th July 05, however because of the law we couldn't go ahead and get the Tapu. We had to reapply this year because the military permission had expired. This application took 3 weeks and I now have my Tapu. A Turkish friend with a relative in the military helped me so he may have had some influence. So yes we did have to reapply but i'm not sure if this was only because our first application had expired.

Maidmarion

Tapu.The longest wait
Still waiting, we bought in October 2004, I got sick of emailing, so now I dont bother. If its there or not I dont know no one has emailed me to say. MM

Latest Posts

Top Bottom