fran1

Tapu - Tax
will wait til Karyn UK comes on, as my reading of this does not indicate that it includes property tax. She usually has the up to date info!

lakegl

Tapu - Tax
Hi Wendy
Is the tapu tax the sales tax we paid when we got our tapus? I got mine last week and it was still 1 percent. Utku told me it may be extended until the end of June but I dont know about further than that.
Have you paid yours because you know that you can get a solicitor to get it for you by PoA if you are ready to but cant get over. Then you may still beat the deadline. I have started a thread called Transfer tax (practical experiences when I got mine) or what I believe is what you refer to as tapu tax. Confusing isnt it?
Glenda and Keith

apollo

Tapu - Tax
Hi

There is no evidence that it is going back to 3% again.The Tapu office say they havent had anything written to say that it will go back to 3%.I think if it does that will be announced through the media giving at least a weeks notice.Taking the recession still affecting Turkey,i assume at least 3 months it will stay as 1%.

Regards

Mark and Wendy

Wendy and Mark
Tapu - Tax
Has anyone else on our site managed to get their Tapu yet?

I read somewhere that once you have your Tapu, you are supposed to register your property with the Council. Has anyone done this yet?

Wendy

Mark and Wendy

Wendy and Mark
Tapu - Tax
Hi All, Got our Tapu by email only to find it is in my name only. What did Mark do wrong. Are both names usually on the Tapu or do you get two seperate ones?

All the charges seem to be adding up to actually get one. Does anyone know exactly what they are?

150 tyl for file follow up
125 tyl for circulating capital
30 tyl for municipality

and now on top of that the Solicitors are asking for another £150 for signing and keeping the title deed for us. This is on top of the 1200 tyl that we paid the Solicitors to start with which I stupidly thought covered everything including getting the Tapu for us.

Sorry about the rant. Just needed to get it off my chest.

Hope someone has some answers.

Wendy

DtB

Tapu - Tax
My solicitors have told me that my military clearance has now come through and for my Tapu they've quoted the following:

3% - transfer tax. Apparently the 1% reduction ran out on 30th June.....

YTL 125,-- Stamp Duty (fixed charge whatever the value of the property)

GBP 200,-- "Admin fees" for the solicitors, which we also thought we'd paid in our upfront sum to them light years ago

Bill & June

Dreaming of Akbuk
Tapu - Tax
Hi All, Got our Tapu by email only to find it is in my name only. What did Mark do wrong. Are both names usually on the Tapu or do you get two seperate ones?

All the charges seem to be adding up to actually get one. Does anyone know exactly what they are?

150 tyl for file follow up
125 tyl for circulating capital
30 tyl for municipality

and now on top of that the Solicitors are asking for another £150 for signing and keeping the title deed for us. This is on top of the 1200 tyl that we paid the Solicitors to start with which I stupidly thought covered everything including getting the Tapu for us.

Sorry about the rant. Just needed to get it off my chest.

Hope someone has some answers.

Wendy

Hi Mark & Wendy,
Both our names are on the Tapu, 1/2 share each. When we signed up for the purchase it was made clear by us that it was to be in joint names, so I don't know whether that is the difference between your and our agreement. It would pay to go over your contract again though.
All the best,
Bill & June. :cheers:

lakegl

Tapu - Tax
If u ask Utku he will explain the tapu bit. It's something to do with whose name they apply for military clearance in. If they apply for joint clearance (ie in both names) then it has to follow that the tapu is issued in both names (half each)
Who they apply for clearance for should relate to who signed the contract.
We have had the opposite problem in that we only wanted the tapu in one name and thus only one of us signed the contract but the clearance (before Utku's time) was applied for in 2 names and now we have to revoke the half that went to the wrong one of us and get it transferred to the right one.
Since this was a mistake on Ufuk's side and they readily accepted this - they have paid any extra costs.
Utku has been very helpful.
It may be worth checking who is to be named on your military clearance thus tapu before you either go for it or get your solicitor to PoA it for you.
Also we haven't used a solicitor at all to get the tapu. I got it when I was over there. Wendy is right - Karma have had our money and shouldn't need more.
We are going over (this time for a holiday - ha ha!) in a few hours (yippee!) and will update you all when we get back.
I will be trying to revoke my PoA which I gave to Karma since I believe it was on open ended one (ie they can buy and sell for me)
Seems like a silly thing to have signed now but that was a long time ago and a lot less (metered) water had gone under the bridge then!
We are hoping, as advised earlier on this thread, to just write to karma and the notary, getting the letter translated by a turkish friend first but fear there may be a cost attached (there usually is!)
Gulay Gulay
Speak soon
Glenda and Keith

Latest Posts

Top Bottom