Moggycat

Tapu Story
I thought you may all like to hear our Tapu experience. We purchased our house 19 years ago in the Bodrum area from the Builder who had overseen the building of three houses on the same sitesi. Not many foreign buyers at the time and the builder was very friendly to us, no Emlaks. The builder told us that we had become part of his family etc. etc. which we just took as friendship, no element of mistrust. He said we would have our Tapu within 6 months and we handed over the money. We did see a Solicitor in England who read through the papers and said all was in order.
We did not get our Tapu in 6 months or even 6 years, in fact it was 10 years before we actually had it in our hands. No fault of the Builder, he and his family are still very good friends and have proved it over the years many times. The fault was with the Site Manager of the time, who took every opportunity to rob anybody that he could, he managed to buy his Son a fleet of 7 lorries with the money he had stolen and held up progress for the whole site, it was not only us he had robbed but mostly Turkish People on our Sitesi. This man was dismissed when it all became apparent what he was doing, he is still a free man and wanders around Bodrum, but is shamed by one and all.
Our sitesi now has a good management team and life has improved.
I feel for all you people fighting to have what is yours, but don't give up, some good must come out of so much evil.
Best wishes to all Moggycat

PASH

Tapu Story
I thought my 3 years was bad enough, the wait and complications drove me mad but to wait 10 years not knowing that you owned the house you bought and paid for must have given you grey hairs. Also a valid point, not always the builder to blame!

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
Tapu Story
We bought our first apartment in 2002, which was the first year a foreigner could buy in their own right, as opposed to buying with a Turk. We paid £100 deposit and just over 2 months later, had our Tapu in our hands and paid over the balance. Perfect.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Tapu Story
Thats odd - I was allowed to buy in 2000 as a foreigner

Last edited by a moderator:

Moggycat

Tapu Story
Val, if you count back 19 years, we also bought as foreigners in 2000, also know other foreigners who bought before that!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom