Question for you
Tapu Office
I am in the process of selling a property in Turkey. Everything had been done to my knowledge but now the emlak has contacted me asking for proof of my UK address ( in the form of a bill that showed both of our names). When I asked the reason for this, I am told that the Tapu office was demanding proof that my other half was aware of the sale lol !!! I explained to the emlak that there was an assumption that I was married and irrespective of that my name is the only one on the Tapu.
Just wondering if anybody else has had a similar experience?

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Tapu Office
What would happen if you did not have an address in the UK? Most people only have 1 property. This is bizarre, I have never heard of anything like it.

enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Tapu Office
I am in the process of selling a property in Turkey. Everything had been done to my knowledge but now the emlak has contacted me asking for proof of my UK address ( in the form of a bill that showed both of our names). When I asked the reason for this, I am told that the Tapu office was demanding proof that my other half was aware of the sale lol !!! I explained to the emlak that there was an assumption that I was married and irrespective of that my name is the only one on the Tapu.
Just wondering if anybody else has had a similar experience?
I know there's a lot of new rules now to try and stop fraud, the address is maybe linked to the inland revenue, my neighbour went to sell her apartment to a turkish family it was put on hold saying new rules now.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom