madnan

Tapu info on property in Turgetries
Can anyone help - I am trying to get the reference number to obtain my tapu from the agent who sold me the property some 18 months ago with no luck. Is there any other channel I can go down to obtain the tapu without the reference number. Any information would be appreciated. :hmm:

SAMIMI

EX MEMBER
Hi Madnan and welcome to TLF.
Have you spoken to your accountant on this matter. He will be able to advise you. Military clearence came through for us in about 8 weeks. We rang our estate agent the following month to say we are flying out in a week to get our TAPU. He rang the Tapu office/Tax office and set up our appointments. We signed our names in a big book and a few more papers. The translator explained what we were signing, ie plot number, area etc. We were asked by the office officials to give a bribe so that they would work faster! We were not to happy about this. But, Hey presto! By that evening, we had our tapu in our hands.
I understand that there are new staff and bribes are no longer an issue!
You may already know that no new Tapus are being issued due to the changing in the law with regard to foreigners buying up land in Turkey. This should be sorted in a few months after the summer recess. I do not understand why your agent took so long about getting your Tapu. Your information is unclear, maybe your Tapu has already been issued. If so, and your agent has lost it, it is possible to have it re-issued. Again, your accountant can help you with this.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Would he need an accountant? If he does not have a limited company I doubt it.

Bob

SAMIMI said:
Hi Madnan and welcome to TLF.
Have you spoken to your accountant on this matter. He will be able to advise you. Military clearence came through for us in about 8 weeks. We rang our estate agent the following month to say we are flying out in a week to get our TAPU. He rang the Tapu office/Tax office and set up our appointments. We signed our names in a big book and a few more papers. The translator explained what we were signing, ie plot number, area etc. We were asked by the office officials to give a bribe so that they would work faster! We were not to happy about this. But, Hey presto! By that evening, we had our tapu in our hands.
I understand that there are new staff and bribes are no longer an issue!
You may already know that no new Tapus are being issued due to the changing in the law with regard to foreigners buying up land in Turkey. This should be sorted in a few months after the summer recess. I do not understand why your agent took so long about getting your Tapu. Your information is unclear, maybe your Tapu has already been issued. If so, and your agent has lost it, it is possible to have it re-issued. Again, your accountant can help you with this.

SAMIMI

EX MEMBER
Hi Bob,
If he is in a military zone. He has to form a company to buy property. I know it is expensive. But we have to pay for the priviledge of living in Turgutreis.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom