jimskem

Taliban
Yesterday 5 British service personel lost their lives.
Three were from the Grenadier Guards, Two were Royal Military Police.
Reports on Sky News say the men had just returned from patrol to their base,
and after removing their body protection, were slain by a suspected member of the
Taliban.
It is possible four other members of the same patrol have been flown to Selly Oak Hospital, Birmingham, for treatment.
The person responsible for the attack had been on patrol with the soldiers, as he
was being trained by them.

Gail

Taliban
I didn't agree with the Iraq war and I don't agree with this one, my thoughts are with these lads familes they must all be devastated.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Taliban
This makes me so angry, when oh when will this stop, my thoughts are with these lads loved ones, such terrible act, these people are not human!!! Senseless waste of lives.

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Taliban
According to one report these afghans who are being trained for their police force are not undergoing stringent checks and therefore the Taliban have infiltrated the police at all ranks. This is a disgrace to all concerned.

More needless lives lost at the hands of these terrorists who are laughing their heads off.

I know many would want to bring the troops home, but then these terrorists have won, all the countries involved need to step up the game to win this.

I'm oh so afraid it will end up another Vietnam, i do hope not.

My thoughts are with all those brave men who have lost their lives and those who are injured.

Eve

Saoirse

Taliban
This is not a war that can be won. Thats a fact that not only that is being bore out more and more by events on the ground but also in polls of the populations of those countries with troops there.

More importantly its also a message which has obviously started to finally get through to the powers to be as exit strategies are now being discussed.

There is no clear believable reason to be there anymore and the original aim of installing a credible government is now a sick joke after Karzai so blatantly cheated and stole.

People are now dying on all sides propping up a corrupt regime that even those powers who installed it dont trust anymore. A total mess

Last edited:

Gail

Taliban
This is not a war that can be won. Thats a fact that not only that is being bore out more and more by events on the ground but also in polls of the populations of those countries with troops there.

More importantly its also a message which has obviously started to finally get through to the powers to be as exit strategies are now being discussed.

There is no clear believable reason to be there anymore and the original aim of installing a credible government is now a sick joke after Karzai so blatantly cheated and stole.

People are now dying on all sides propping up a corrupt regime that even those powers who installed it dont trust anymore. A total mess

I couldn't agree more, I know the soldiers are doing their job over there but too many have lost their lives because of this useless conflict, my heart also goes out to all the innocent Afghan families who are probably suffering much more than we could ever realise.

Our Prime Minister has congratulated Karzai, what was he thinking of?

Taliban
These poor guys are in the middle of a civil war.

The authorities in Afghanistan have no interest in ending this atrocious conflict. Karzai is powerful in one part of the country and our troops are helping this corrupt regime to control the other parts.

History tells us that no foriegn power can control this god forsaken country. We gave up with this country in the mid1800's the Russians gave up in the 20th century.

It seems to me that no matter how much money or troops lives are lost this conflict will never end.

The Afghans must sort it out amongst themselves, if they can.

I suspect that in 10 or 20 years time Karzai will be described,by the west powers, as the devil incarnate and more millions of dollars/pounds and more troops sacrificed will be spent on supporting another corrupt warlord.

It is too easy for the likes of Blair,Brown,Bush and Obama to wring their hands in false sympathy to the bereaved.

The troops could, with an organised withdrawal, leave the country in a short space of time.

The only people who can change the country are the Afghans themselves.

jimskem

Taliban
A report on local B.B.C. News confirms one of the Military Policemen who was murdered was a
member of his local T.A.
In civilian life he worked for Tesco's as a security team leader, and his ambition was to become
a Police Officer.
A spokesman for his family lovingly describe him as an only child who was never alone.
Corporal Steve Boote, age 22 Rest in Peace.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Taliban
Is it me or does it seem that everyone outside of Afghanistan whats to make it a safe and reliable country but the Afghans themselves don't seem to honestly give a chit. I believe it's become a waste of time and lives to try to make this peace of land something it will never be, the residents seem to prefer corruption. Pull the troops out and let them fend for themselves as best they can.

Biker Bob

Taliban
how really really sad this all is. these young soldiers are being sent into chaos just to keep up the pig headedness of governments who know only too well there's no victory to be had, just more and more young people dead or disabled and shattered families

We are all in danger when men in power will not admit to being wrong and put their refusal to admit failings before the people they are supposed to be serving.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Taliban
Western forces fight by rules, Taliban do not. Time to take the gloves off and meet them on their own terms.

Mushtaq

Founding Member
Taliban
The country was in a mess (although functional to some degree) before the west went in there to 'sort' it out, now it's a total mess which wont get fixed for a very long time.

I think this is going to be another retreat without a solution, one they should do sooner rather then later, I can't see a long term solution based on occupation by foreign powers, the Afghan people are not easy to conquer or rule, as previous attempts over the centuries have illustrated.

Saoirse

Taliban
exactly correct.
another disastrous retreat just like Iraq. Its a total mess now with hundreds killed weekly, the West loathed more than ever and unlike pre invasion now has elements of Al Queda there. Total shambles all based on the lies of there being wmd

Gail

Taliban
So how come we know this and I don't think any of us are rocket scientists? What are the people who run our own country thinking??????????

Martyn

Taliban
There is no easy solution. If we stay then it will be a long drawn out fight with ultimately no way of winning, if we pull out the Taliban dish out their sort of ruling, a quick reminder here violence beware!

Saoirse

Taliban
So how come we know this and I don't think any of us are rocket scientists? What are the people who run our own country thinking??????????

one of the things they are thinking is "after pointlessly losing so many lives in an unwinnable war how can we pull the hell out of here and make it look like we achieved something and so not lose political face"

Politicians can be as ruthless as terrorists when it comes to their attitude to others lives being totally dispensable. Disgusting

Latest Posts

Top Bottom