MrFOG

Taking UK CAR to Turkey for good
Hi folks, just a quickie. Is it true that you can't keep a Brisish registered car in Turkey for longer than 6 months? I did hear that, but also heard you can take it to some compound in Turkey for a day and get new paperwork to keep it there another 6 months and just keep doing that every 6 months? Someone told me after 8 months you have to take the car out of Turkey and you're not allowed to bring it back, Very confused.....:seenoevil

ChrisBobs

I am sure that a lot of people here will come on board shortly with all the details and history of why you DO NOT do it!

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Just forget the whole idea Mr Fog.

It's complicated and expensive.

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
My dad does this but I think he has to have a new car each year. He is taking his current car back to the UK at Christmas and it's not a year old yet. I think it's a waste of time and money.

RIK

Mr Fog.As others have said, you can bring the car in for six months and then it has to leave for six months and then you can bring it back for a futher six months after that you cannot bring it back again.The whole process is a nightmare and as KKOB says just forget about it.There is no place to leave your car in Turkey for a day or so whilst you get new paperwork.Whoever told you this is completely wrong.

Ian

you cant bring it back for an extra six months ive done it .not unless its in a different name on the log book.

Helenm150

Is it also true that not only the car but the driver has to stay out of Turkey for 6 months? Someone told me this is the case but I can't see any logic in it ......

Lyndsey

Kalın deriliyimdir
Unless you are prepared to buy a new vehicle each year to bring into Turkey it is not an option. I would buy a car in Turkey and save yourselves the hassle.

SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
You definately can only bring a car in for 6 months. If you bring it in and are given a 3 month tourist visa (assuming you haven't got residency), you are then able to put it into bond for a limited time whilst you leave the country to renew your visa.

The other option is to change the car to Turkish plates, which is costly, but possible. I am sure there is alot of info abt this on previous threads.

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
If you receive a UK pension then you can apply to have MF plates which allow you to keep the vehicle in Turkey on a permanent basis, however the process can sometimes be lengthy and also the vehicle is noted on your passport and if you leave the country your vehicle has to be kept in customs for the duration of you visit outside Turkey.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
your vehicle has to be kept in customs for the duration of you visit outside Turkey.

There are only a limited number of customs compounds in Turkey that provide this facility.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom