Nigel517

Taking a jetski to Turkey
I wondered if anyone had actually taken their own jetski into Turkey. Would I need to pay any tax if I took a used Jetski over rather than buying one over there at the usual inflated price.?
It would be left at my villa for use when we go over .

jagman

I think it would be treated the same as most things brought into the country, when you leave you would have to take it with you or leave it with customs.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
I'm not 100% certain about this but I seem to remember that if the jetski is on a trailer, the trailer is subject to the same regulations as other foreign registered vehicles i.e. the dreaded 6 months in and 6 months out rule. Certainly worth checking.

RIK

Alan, he could get it treated as a Blue Plate Car but then he can only leave it for 30 days at his nearest Port of Entry.It's a No No if Nigel does not live here full time.The rest is as you say 6 month's in and 6 month's out and thats your lot.

Ian

CJD

I thought that... officially.. they were illegal anyway

Chinook

You may also find that you have to licence it and have an International Certificate of Competance or similar qualification .

Duke

I think you should leave the jetski as the red tape is so prohibitive that it will cost you a lot of cash, time & above all your sanity!!! I know two people in Altinkum who brought theire but the only solution was to take it ALL the way back home costly & frustrating
Duke
Ask the same question on Absolutely Altinkum forum to get the full story

Latest Posts

Top Bottom