dennis56

don't worry,be happy. RP
Takeaway
Does anybody know of a takeaway in Yalikavak you can buy chickens ready cooked!.:ukflag:

hijo

in my own clique
Takeaway
..you get durum and rottiserrie shops all over turkey ..in kusadasi a whole cooked chicken is 7lira..last year it was 5 lira..:27br:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Takeaway
there is a butcher in the square between the bus station and the main shopping area who has a rotisserie

martin

waterbaby

Takeaway
ready cooked rotissary (sp?) chickens from the shop on the hill next to the policlinic.....tansas and carrefor also sell them

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Takeaway
Yes - 7 tl ready cooked and delicious chickens just round the corner from where I live -
which is near the clinic up from the main mosque - the shop is on the right hand side and also sells doner kebab for 2.50 tl -- not bad for a snack !

waterbaby

Takeaway
They arent too small, you can get a good meal ut of them. And if there is only 2 of you , plenty left over for chicken sarnies the next day. Luckycat the kebabs are really good, the bread they use is different to everywhere esle and rather tasty.great value.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Takeaway
They arent too small, you can get a good meal ut of them. And if there is only 2 of you , plenty left over for chicken sarnies the next day. Luckycat the kebabs are really good, the bread they use is different to everywhere esle and rather tasty.great value.

Yea I know - have sampled them !! Talking about cheap meals - today we had been to Bodrum and I fancied a chicken doner -- had already passed through so we continued to Gumbet - there was a little place - past the Adana 01 on the other side of the road - next to Papaya Patisserie advertising Chicken Doner in a bap or half sesame seed bread for 1 tl !!!!!!!!! We said " what the hell - lets try "" They were absolutely FAB - 2 Doner - Ibrahim had jumbo size ( 1 large bread ) and 2 Ayran for just 3 tl -- do not know how they can make a profit but we will certainly go again !

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Takeaway
Chicken and a loaf of bread for about 8TL for two, excellent. In this day and age in Turkey it makes a simple and cheap meal. With the state of the interest rates, eating at home has suddenly become very attractive.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Takeaway
Chicken and a loaf of bread for about 8TL for two, excellent. In this day and age in Turkey it makes a simple and cheap meal. With the state of the interest rates, eating at home has suddenly become very attractive.

And Des you still won't have to find the Kitchen, lol

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Takeaway
Yes - 7 tl ready cooked and delicious chickens just round the corner from where I live -
which is near the clinic up from the main mosque - the shop is on the right hand side and also sells doner kebab for 2.50 tl -- not bad for a snack !

We sometimes go there and to the Butchers near the Bus Station, esp when we've had a morning out and just fancy a quick Lunch, serve with fresh crusty bread, salad and a nice bottle of white wine, excellent value. Talking about wine has anyone been to the shop on the main road into Yalikavak, it's called Yesilkent, it's the bigger of the two that are near each other as the road widens just past the turning for Geris, his wines are excellent value, and a good selection too. He always serves with a smile which makes you want to go back as some of the shops, the staff are a tad glum.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Takeaway

Wrong Des my love -------- 3 tl for two !!
:Flower:

Sorry again - just realised you meant the whole chicken !!
Mine was an even better bargain today !

dennis56

don't worry,be happy. RP
Takeaway
Thanks everybody for the info, i'm back at "home" first 2 weeks in Jan so i will visit the shop for my supper. :loony:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom