Mary

Take a break magazine insertion
Hi All,
I am not sure about this magazine would like some feedback?
Not sure there Target Audience is the right media for these cases.
Take A Break are in communication with me to write the storys, I am ringing her back this morning.
siofra.brennan@bauer.co.uk
She is the senior features writer

Mary

Last edited:

tintagel

Hi Mary, I'm not sure about going with Take-a-Break, maybe they're not a weighty enough publication?

Nanamo has posted a link to a journalist at The Times who is interested on hearing from people (I've sent you the link :smile:)

Take care xx

ChrisBobs

Take a Break ??- yes target audience is more the Turkish Gigolo story follower..

juco

Hi Mary, I'm not sure about going with Take-a-Break, maybe they're not a weighty enough publication?

They may not be but its better than a `local` paper and IT IS publicity.
Sometimes the smaller publications printing stuff like this then get the larger ones interested and so the story can develop.

It is not always easy to get in at the top end unless there is enough scandal or high profile attached to it. If G Brown gets ripped off for £10 its front page news, you or I get ripped off for £60k it wont make the back page.

Thats the way it goes so sometimes we just have to take what opportunities are there.

nanamo

What about sending to the MP's too. Anyone got any addresses, email addresses, fax or phone numbers. I have lots of time on my hands - I can bombard anyone anywhere with emails and faxes all day long.

jewel

If the papers had access to trawl through all the threads on here and AAforum then they would see the extent just with forum members, never mind anyone else who isn't members of forums, and also how many are holding their breath as we speak because they hav'nt yet got their Tapu's ? jewel x

Mary

Just to let you know that I have decided to go a little further with this and Sharon (Tess) is interested also. So I have spoken to Siofra and sending pictures of the villa and photographs of us. The next step will be another conversation and she wants to do a feature, she will write it then send it for us for approval. I have only agreed to this with the acceptance of our Lawyers who have stressed that they would need to see it prior publication and check that there is anything that can be used against us or them in the future. Of course then this would depend on the editor who makes the final decision.

The petition that we have all signed, does anyone know what has happened to this I cannot get a reply to my questions around it. I would have thought that this would have gone out to all governments Turkish and UK also MPS and all Authorities/Media/TV? Can anyone throw any light on it.

I hope this helps anyone else if they are interested.
Mary

Last edited:

Mary

All ready done this and to many others, just the usual auto mated replies, if interested will contact you.
Cheers
Mary

yalicat

Once Take A Break start a story they generally run & run with it, they kept up a lot of pressure on Turkey over a guy labelled as the Marmaris rapist who was out on bail dispite numerous women claiming that he had assulted them. Initially the turkish press slagged them off but finally agreed that the case had not been handled well.

starbaby

starbaby
Hi All,
I am not sure about this magazine would like some feedback?
Not sure there Target Audience is the right media for these cases.
Take A Break are in communication with me to write the storys, I am ringing her back this morning.
siofra.brennan@bauer.co.uk
She is the senior features writer

Mary

Take a Break ran an article on turkish property scam on 19th dec. Marmaris and Didim are mentioned. Google marmarissummer.com/we-are-on-take-a-break-magazine. So it would be a good follow up story for them. I definitely think something concrete is going to happen eventually thanks to forum members sticking together. starbaby. love and hugs to tess and family xx

Latest Posts

Top Bottom