mjj1543

tackle shops near Bodrum
Hi folks,

Visiting our place near Gumusluk later in July, bringing a couple of my rods with me. Wondered if there are any tackle shops on the Bodrum peninsula I could go for advice?

Also, does anyone know if you can fish the Mumcular Dam, which appears to be the closest bit of inland water I can see near the peninsula? And if so, any ideas what fish it holds?

Read all the threads on koycegiz lake. very exciting and would love to have a go at it, but it's a bit far to drag my girlfriend for a fishing trip. Hence thought that Mumcular Dam may be a better bet for this trip.

Best regards,

Mark.

pldouglas

tackle shops near Bodrum
If you find your rods don't fit into your luggage, my husband bought a half decent one in Yalikavak. The shop he used was opposite where the artists street is, down a little side street behind the place that hires the quad bikes.

mjj1543

tackle shops near Bodrum
thanks for the info. Have a feeling I've been into that shop in Yalikavak, it was selling telescopic rods if I remember, but that was about it. I could do with finding somewhere I can get information about fishing in the area, not to mention getting some bait and additional tackle.

So no-one knows anything about Mumcular Dam...?

Oh well, thanks for the replies.

Mark.

Sara-666

tackle shops near Bodrum
We only live a couple of miles from Mumcular and the dam does have No fishing signs up but that doesn't appear to put the locals off at all and we have seen people fishing there. There is a tackle/gun shop in Mumcular itself, in the square, they would be able to tell you for certain whether you would need permits etc.

Sara

Latest Posts

Top Bottom