sparrow

Nadine in disguise
Türk Evi in Kusadasi
Hello,
Does anyone know this place ?
I have been there recently (September 2006) and I really like it !

It is a house without a roof (so you can look at the moon and the stars),
they have life Turkish music (a small band and the singer is real good), sometimes people get up and start to dance (sometimes traditional Turkish dances in group, sometimes a man just on his own....).
While I was there the singer did sing a song of Ahmet Kaya (a song for Anne, the mother), it is a very popular song and he invited the audience to sing with him,and to great surprise and amusement of my Turkish friends, I could sing the refrain as well.... needlesly to say I had a great time ?

For those who like Turkish songs.... I can recommend the place :music:

Guz1

Türk Evi in Kusadasi
Hi Sparrow,
Sounds nice. Apart from Carvansaray which is very touristy, I don't know of any venues for live Turkish music in Kusadasi. Whereabouts in Kus is it located?
Maria.

Dellol

Türk Evi in Kusadasi
Sparrow, is it in Kusadasi? The only others I know are both restaurants, The Saraya and the Castle. On Thursday nights they both do traditional Turkish music and dancing......Lorna

sparrow

Nadine in disguise
Türk Evi in Kusadasi
Hi Lorna and Maria,
Yes, it is in Kusadasi, it is right in the old center, in Kaleici....
I think I could find it again, but I cannot explain where exactly it is, it is in a narrow street ....

Do you also like that kind of live music ??

Guz1

Türk Evi in Kusadasi
Thank you, Sparrow. Yes, I do like that kind of music. Can't say I'd listen to it every day, but there's a limit to how much I can take of the likes of Golden Oldies and Planet Yucca and I wouldn't even venture near Bar Street. I remember Kusadasi before there was a Bar Street and apart from Bird Island the only music to be heard was authentic Turkish music. I would just like occasionally for some of my family to experience a little of what Kusadasi was like when it was a small town and from your description Turk Evi sounds like it might fit the bill.

kusturk

Türk Evi in Kusadasi
hi, yes we found it when we went out this time its in the old bazaar area in the lanes,if its the same place, i actually thought it was more of a courtyard than a roofless house,but dont think i could find it again straight away.

kusturk

Türk Evi in Kusadasi
Dellol said:
Sparrow, is it in Kusadasi? The only others I know are both restaurants, The Saraya and the Castle. On Thursday nights they both do traditional Turkish music and dancing......Lorna
hi dello,wheres the sarya ?

sparrow

Nadine in disguise
Türk Evi in Kusadasi
Yes Kusturk !
That is the one, it looks indeed more like a courtyard...
and did you like it ???

kusturk

Türk Evi in Kusadasi
:dooh: :dooh: yes,ithink so,!! it was a long night!!! :hmm: trouble is wih me when i find these places at night i try to find them again in the day for ref' so i know where to go back to again, and of course it all looks totally different. :77wu:

kusturk

Türk Evi in Kusadasi
the castle is the caravansari by the port where the fish markey and restaurants are.or it could be pigeon island,but i know there is a turkish night at the caravansari.

Last edited:
Top Bottom