teresa

Free Thinker
Swim with dolphins at Koca Calis
I was chatting with a man who works at the local council as there are always rumours flying around. He confirmed that there are plans for a Russian company to build some sort of Aqua Park "with dolphins and seals" behind Turkuaz Gardens. Work is supposed to begin next year.

Mind you there has been talk of a "5 star all inclusive" hotel for a couple of years and he said that was not happening.

Anyone anything to share :wacko: as I am feeling uneasy.

kaplumba

OMG I got wound up about a similar post to this last year. To confine dolphins in an enclosure is an act of barbaric cruelty. There will of course be those who feel it is justified as they provide therapy or some other educational purpose. I think the only reason these people set up these places is to make money. If you want to see dolphins, turtles etc in Turkey go out in a boat and see them in the wild. If the dolphins want to see you they will swim alongside your boat.

jcrian

OMG I got wound up about a similar post to this last year. To confine dolphins in an enclosure is an act of barbaric cruelty. There will of course be those who feel it is justified as they provide therapy or some other educational purpose. I think the only reason these people set up these places is to make money. If you want to see dolphins, turtles etc in Turkey go out in a boat and see them in the wild. If the dolphins want to see you they will swim alongside your boat.

Totally agree with you Jane.

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Me too. They are wonderful creatures to look at, but there's something very sad about seeing them confined.

kaplumba

Last year a man from Dolphincare UK joined and made a very calm and reasoned post about why we should not visit these places. I did notice this forum was advertising such a place and felt that was a great shame. I can't see the advert today so hope it has gone.

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
hi kaplumba, i can see the advert for swimming with dolphins in kusadasi, it breaks my heart to see this, I swam with dolphins in the sea in Israel and it was unbelievable, but in captivity no no no!!!

pldouglas

We were in Cuba once and I 'treated' my husband to a trip swimming with dophins, obviously not knowing that they were in captivity. The trip was advertised very cleverly and I really thought he would be swimming in the open sea with the animals - not in a concreted enclosure as turned out to be the case.
I was furious because I would never knowingly contribute to such disgusting treatment of any animal. So be very careful if you find yourself tempted by these trips to 'Swim the the Dophins in complete freedom' its all a load of *****!

Harem

I've cliqued
There is an article in Today's Zaman about swimming with dolphins and the writer encourages people to swim with them. Go read it and leave your comments. I did.

Don,t even get me started on this subject.

They have a "dolphinarium" here in Kas and it is nothing short of a prison. It,s hardly larger than a swimming pool, and the 2 holding pools are so small that it is impossible for a dolphin or belugas, which they had the year they opened, to even turn around.

The mortality rate is high.

This really saddens me that we inflict these beautiful creatures to a shortened life in captivity.

Soo

Oh dear not more swimming with dolphins, one of the worst tourist "attractions" possible, I only hope people have a bit of sense and if this "attraction" goes ahead it is boycotted.

As said in a previous post, the place to see dolphins and whales is the open sea and NOT a swimming pool.

Sue

teresa

Free Thinker
Don,t even get me started on this subject.

They have a "dolphinarium" here in Kas and it is nothing short of a prison. It,s hardly larger than a swimming pool, and the 2 holding pools are so small that it is impossible for a dolphin or belugas, which they had the year they opened, to even turn around.

The mortality rate is high.

This really saddens me that we inflict these beautiful creatures to a shortened life in captivity.

Soo

Is this owned/built by a Russian company do you know? I think this new one may be being built by the same people as Kas was mentioned. The location they are talking about is not on right on the shore but a few hundred metres inland. The plans are supposed to be approved and it will be completed by October which is very quick and only long to build a pool!

I might see if I can get a look at the plans.

teresa

Free Thinker
Well it looks like it isn't going to be happening here and the plans may now switch to Olu Deniz area or somewhere around there.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom