whu66

www.gulluk.co.uk, www.cjceramics.com
Sweet/Tangy Chicken Balti
God im Bored today(lack of football i think),thought id share this with you all,tastes like the real deal

First make a paste with
4tblsp of natural yoghurt
2tblsp of tomato puree
4tblsp of mango chutney(sharwoods green label 1)
1 teasp of garam masala powder
1 teasp of chilli powder
2 teasp of crushed garlic
0.5 teasp of salt
0.5 teasp of sugar

Mix the paste well and fry in 2 tblsp of veg oil for 2/3 mins.

Add diced chicken breast and one cup of cold water

Allow the chicken to cook through and the sauce to reduce then add one or two (up to your taste) fresh chopped green chilli and a handful of fresh chopped coriander

Stir in one tablespoon of single cream just before serving.

When served put a little chopped fresh coriander over the top.

Rice wise this method works everytime.

I put white/basmati rice(Doesn't work for brown) in a saucepan and cover it with water. The water should be about 4cm above the rice. (Your thumb tip touches the rice and the water is at your knuckle) Put plenty of salt into the water and heat the pan uncovered until it starts to boil. Stir the pan and place the lid on. Turn the heat down to minimum and do not remove the lid for 12 mins. After 12 mins take off the heat and you will have perfect rice ready to serve straight away.

Last edited:

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
Thanks for that. Will give it a go when I have more time.

I have just eaten my first ever fresh figs, been eating dried figs for years but didn't fancy fresh. What a fool, they were delicious, grilled with a small knob of butter, honey and ground cinnaman, should have had a few nuts sprinkled as well but have run out. Served with Greek yogurt..Mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Are you supposed to eat the skin as well, I did.:roundgrin

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
This recipe does sound delish, and def want to give it a try, and also Lesley's Figs for dessert. I eat loads of Organic Bio Yogurt with honey spooned in for breakfast, so to add the figs will be divine, I so love them dried or fresh, but fresh is best.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom