SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
Sweet Potato
If any of you like sweet potatos then just to let you know the guy who owns Siemans is selling them - he has plenty at the moment!

Yummy!!

teresa

Free Thinker
Sweet Potato
A bit far from me but lucky you. I have not seen them in Turkey before so perhaps this will mark a beginning. I am thinking of growing some this year. Has anyone done this?

northpole

The Penguin Rules
Sweet Potato
Those are the vegatables l will be growing this year.Swedes,sweet potatoes,parsnips and many many others.l just love those what was mentioned on here

northpole

The Penguin Rules
Sweet Potato
l have loads of land which l will grow on a commercial basis.Any more potential customers out there.l will sell it less then what is bought at the markets

saffie

Saffie
Sweet Potato
I'd love to be able to find parsnips,swede and sweet potatoes here........yummmmmm

Oh.....and butternut squash........and lovely fresh spring greens....sugar snap peas.

I love veggies and so wish I had a little garden so I could grow things.

saffie

teresa

Free Thinker
Sweet Potato
We can get butternut squash at the farmers market and we can grow parsnip and swede ourselves. A friend gave us a lovely savoy cabbage at the weekend, which pleased my husband :)

northpole

The Penguin Rules
Sweet Potato
I'd love to be able to find parsnips,swede and sweet potatoes here........yummmmmm

Oh.....and butternut squash........and lovely fresh spring greens....sugar snap peas.

I love veggies and so wish I had a little garden so I could grow things.

saffie

Hello Saffie,
Don't be downhearted by not having a garden.l used to be in the business on how to create an area for people that has little space for growing plants.
Strawberries,potatoes,runners,even parsnips etc can be grown in such compact areas.
Did you know a parsnip can grow perfectly well in a small long cylinder tube.Now if you put a dozen together taped around.You will have a dozen parsnips.The strawberries can be grown in water plastic bottles converted into hanging baskets.And the potatoes can be grown in a minimum one foot tub by inserting the potato on the bottom with a few inches of good fertile soil and as it produces green shoots,just keep adding soil to the tub.Just cover the shoots with soil until eventually it reaches the brim.
Many other ways can have positive results.You can grow herds on the kitchen window ledge in small tubs.
l plum almost forgot about squashes.l used to experiment with them on how to grow them in tight areas.Try growing them on a south side of the house.Prepare the ground by digging the area from the wall to one foot away to six foot long add some compost and dig that in.Then add 2 squash plants which should be spaced out at 3 foot apart[some disagree and can be closer]Erect a tendril frame.l used chicken wire supported by screws in the wall.
Just some ideas for any eager grower that wishes to grow their own produce

Last edited:

SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
Sweet Potato
Having peeled and eaten one of these 'sweet potatos' last night, I have a feeling they are Yams.

They are pale inside rather then orangey/yellow, I checked on google and they look more like yams:(

Sorry for mis leading you all, they are very nice anyway!

Yildez, yep he has lovely advocados at the mo!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom