KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Sutures Needed By Animal Sanctuary
I've been asked to post an appeal by the local animal sanctuary for disposable sutures numbers 0 1 2 and 3.

The Fethiye Friends of Animals Association was started in 2000 by Mrs. Perihan Agnelli who is still the President of the Association. At the beginning their work was funded through European Animal Welfare organizations but now that Turkey has the Animal Protection Law, their sponsors directed that funding should be the responsibility of the Turkish Government. Consequently their sponsorship stopped one year ago. Unfortunately the Turkish Government has not provided a budget for the Law, so Mrs. Agnelli approached the Fethiye mayor, Mr. Behcet Saatci and explained their financial position to him. He was very willing to take over the expenses, provided she continued to manage the day to day running of the Centre.

Their Neuter and Return Programme often stalls because of the lack of access to sutures needed for the operations.

If anyone in the UK or Europe has access to out of date sutures used in the Veterinary or Human field they'd be very grateful to receive them.

I'm assuming that other animal sanctuaries also suffer from the same shortages and would ask that anyone involved with them tries to get the message out via other forums, press etc.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
I will PM you with my private e-mail address . Then i.ll send E- mail to all the vets in my local towns and other animal related chemists that i know . Very sorry but i haven.t learned to cut copy or paste yet ! Would it be possable to start up a carboot like in Fethiye for this good cause ????
Diana

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
The FHDD already has a table at the Calis Car Boots and does reasonably well from it. They're always looking for Bric a Brac to sell and will collect from anywhere in the Fethiye area.

Carolyn

Some of the residents in Kemer have been working with FFAA to tackle the problem of street dogs in Kemer. After a successful first round up of dogs who were neutered, tagged and returned to the streets a few days later a committee has been formed to take things forward.

A barbecue was held a few weeks ago and a raffle held which was very well supported by local businesses who donated many prizes. A meeting was held with the Belediye and the Baskan has pledged money to support the project.

Thanks to the successful fundraising and hard work of those behind the project enough money has been raised to neuter somewhere in the region of 100 dogs.

I'm going to smile sweetly at our vet this week so hopefully will have some sutures to bring with us in three weeks time.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
I'm getting a "Server Error" message on that website and I've tried changing it in case it was .com instead of .co.uk

ZiaCa'

I'm in Europe and will bring some back to donate, always happy to help our little friends.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom