Status
Not open for further replies.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
suppressed views
As from today,l will no longer involve myself in any of the debates or creating any threads."Hooray",goes the bad emlaks voice.
My views on how the area has been swamped with corruption and attitudes has been disliked from many complaining about my threads on the tapu and corruption.

The mods can either ban me now or l'll just go.
l have made itsp clear in my previous statements in one of my threads.l do not paint all the bunises with the same brush.Look at the bad emlaks that are giving the bad name in the area.All l am doing is making people aware of the dangers and what to do to avoid such traps.

lt is up to the authorities in the area to stamp down hard on these emlaks and builders giving the area such a bad name.
The End

PASH

suppressed views
Don't leave Bob, some of us appreciate your contribution, whether we always agree or not is irrelevent but you add to a healthy debate

Martyn

suppressed views
Bob, you can't call it suppressed views. This forum is as free as I have seen any.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
suppressed views
Bob, at the moment whether you go or stay is entirely up to you.

But, if you choose to stay, you play by our rules.

ukizook

suppressed views
We'll miss you Bob, but you seem a man of conviction and someone who sticks to his guns so goodbye and good luck.

black angel

Revelations 6:1-8
suppressed views
As a disinterested bystander, I cannot see that anyone's views have been suppressed. However, I do feel that Bob supresses his own views to many (myself included) by the mere fact that his posts/threads are almost impossible to read clearly.

Talkinman

suppressed views
I for one do not see the suppression you are talking about unless you are being talked too by PM. I have read some very contensious posts and they have been allowed to run.The only time the mods step in is when it becomes personal or insulting.
I enjoy your contributions and hope you stay and continue to post.

Guz1

suppressed views
Bob,

This forum's best quality is the freedom of speech allowed to members. At times some of us (myself included) stretch that freedom to its limits and need to be reminded that on a privately owned forum freedom of speech is a privilege rather than a right. Sometimes we forget to make it clear that there are honest professionals in Turkey and the consequences of what we say can have a detrimental effect on their livelihood. I suppose that in our efforts to protect the innocent we sometimes resort to using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. That's why good moderators are essential to the forum.

Don't make any decisions now. Take a break for a few days until this all blows over.

Saoirse

suppressed views
"But, if you choose to stay, you play by our rules"-KKOB.[/QUOTE]

Note to self-----Dont piss off KKOB!

bickern

suppressed views
It gets me how some people, mentioning no names get a little bit of power and think they are it.

I don't know if it is because in real life they have none, never had none or if they did they lasted a couple of years before moving on.

The forum is made up of lots of people from different backgrounds, with different opinions and they strive to post without causing too much upset to others, then there are those that seem to think because they have a bit of power they can walk over everyone and when people rightly complain they are reminded that there is a rule that forbids complaints against certain people.

I for one know of a lot of ill feeling to a certain individual that has been pointed out to them in numerous ways but because they are so thick skinned they ignore it.

At the end of the day I suppose Mushtaq is the ultimate person to complain to and the only person with the power to have words in that persons shell like, because the members having words just bounce off.

We all have our moments of course, I for one have edited a lot of my posts because they were un-diplomatic or upsetting or I might have just been plain wrong, but some people will never admit they are wrong and think it is proud to boast of being un-diplomatic.

I will of course not post the name of the person I am referring to, but if others think I am wrong and that person is ok to be offensive to who he likes then fine, if not I would hope they email mushtaq to complain or have a word with another moderator.

It would be a shame if what is a good forum was ruined because someone on here thought they could happily insult and threaten people BECAUSE THEY CAN.

BULLY I think the word is.

I of course can not say who I am talking about, but if the cap fits and all that.

Last edited:

PASH

suppressed views
Reading back, i don't think one needs to be Albert Einstein to work that out Saoirse !

Pete&Mag

suppressed views
Don't leave Bob, some of us appreciate your contribution, whether we always agree or not is irrelevent but you add to a healthy debate

I for one would urge bob to sleep on it. I would miss his contributions .

carolk

R.I.P
suppressed views
I agree with Bickern, it wasn't very nice or called for!!

Bob, views aren't suppressed on here and thats why your thread is still running. It a very open forum and passions run high on the subject of buying.

I hope you stay!

EVELYNNE

evelynne
suppressed views
yes bob, sleep on it , don;t let the bugs bite though!

You make some good contributions and you have a wealth of friends on here, so take a well earned holiday and we will see you after as usual.

Take care

Eve

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
suppressed views
please don't go Bob, i for one would miss your words of wisdom...
It goes without saying that everyone who has contributed before me knows who the nameless party is. That is clear by their posts.
Like a lot of other people I've had my few posts edited for me here and there for one reason or another.
I too have a big mouth and open it without thought at times... but my bark is much worse than my bite, I'm a nice bloke really.

Think on it Bob.. and please stay.

Alan.

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
suppressed views
Bob please stay, I love your photos, and your gardening snippets, I don't always agree with what you say but who or what am I to comment. I do feel that certain people on the forum can say and do what they want, whilst other people in the same situation get slated.

OWENA

suppressed views
Bob please stay, I love your photos, and your gardening snippets, I don't always agree with what you say but who or what am I to comment. I do feel that certain people on the forum can say and do what they want, whilst other people in the same situation get slated.

Hear, hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom