Stevie Boy

Stevie Boy
Sunset Bay Gulluk
Well just returned from Turkey spent 4 days at Gulluk and 10 at Gundogan. The weather was fantastic with Sunset Bay looking good although Mavi inform me there are a number of snagging issues to be addressed and that Odek are to repair the pathways that are breaking up next month.

Graham, I checked the electricity bills as promised and the 15% charge, this is apparently for reading the meters but they have now put a set charge of 7TL instead of the 15%. I have asked them to explain why I am getting monthly bills of around 30TL when the apartment has been empty (Deniz could not answer this) that then makes the charge of 7TL 24.5% so all people being charged this amount please complain to Deniz or Zeki at Mavi/Mandalya as I see no reason why we should be paying this at all.

Interest rates are falling but I am still getting 11.25% with the HSBC. A new account opened on line will now pay 8.25% still good in the current climate, I know some people asked this question.

Well that's about it back to work until the next time, did not meet many people at Gulluk, very quiet, but hope to see some people next year.

Cheers all.

jennyg

Sunset Bay Gulluk
Hi Stevie We were out in September and spoke to Mavi re electricity. I believe they are having discussions over this issue and hope to get something sorted out soon.
Did anyone else have problems with nasty infected bites? I had to go for a five day course of injections mine were so severe. My Niece has just had the same and I spoke to two other ladies who came up in huge blisters. We noticed there was a lot of stagnent water around - great breeding ground for Mosqitoes. Wondered about approaching Odek to start spraying as they do in other hot countries. Our maintenance fees are high enough for all they do these days.

julie-calder

Sunset Bay Gulluk
Hi there,
My husband and i have just came back from sunset bay, there is a lot of unhappy bunnies out there!! including us not been given what we were sold by odek we are still having chats about it! Chipped tiles, Granite worktops that are now very cheap wood chip! And my sea view as sold is now a carpark!!! We are not the only ones some people are staring at brick walls! Odek has gone cheap & not so cheerful! Having said that we met some nice couples out there in Joes bar and had a great time

debmax

Sunset Bay Gulluk
Hello Julie

Sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your place at Sunset Bay.

We were there in May and July and only found the odd paint splash on the tiles.

We are really happy with our view, but can understand some peoples frustration at the hotel being there. We used the facilities in the hotel and found it really good. We only had lunches and snacks and they were lovely.

We weren't told we would have granite tops so I suppose it hasn't bothered me that they are normal worktops.. Was it Odek who told you they would be granite, as they were with us at the showhouse and neither them nor the Parador rep mentioned granite.

I hope you get sorted out as I'm sure it will be great when it gets established

Debra and Maxi

Sunset Bay Gulluk
Hello Stevie and others. Dee and I were out early Sep had a good week the weather was Brill. Went in to see Mavi ref utility bills we were getting bills on a monthly baisis, the ammounts were only small but it was a pain paying and more expensive using our credit card. We asked about leaving some money on accout which they could draw down on to save card transactions. We left 50 TL, Mavi said they would inform us prior to any money being used. We also had a water bill waiting for us in our post box. Took this down to the bank who set up an auto payment system (if your place is managed by Mavi this will be done for you). We have one or two little drama's with our place, trouble is not being out there long enough to get anything sorted. On the whole we are happy with the apt and very much looking forward to getting out there again next year. One little incident we did experience was at the beach area to the right of Sunset Bay. The hotel had closed for the winter we were using the small alcove below the Bar. Whilst the people running the bar were more than happy for us to use the beds ect, A German lady informed us that is was a private beach and asked us to leave, we later discovered this not to be the case. The message being if it happens to you brass it out. Best regards Brian and Dee.:28:

Stevie Boy

Stevie Boy
Sunset Bay Gulluk
Ho JennyG

Sorry for the late reply, busy working all that boring stuff. Regarding the mozzis, we purchased some electrical noise insect repellants off Bid TV or one of those things. We used them at Gulluk and our Villa in Gundogan and they certainly work. Apparently the noise which cannot be heard by the human ear repells dogs, and all insects over a 50 metre radius. Will not help you when out but certainly worked with the doors open at both places.

Hope this helps (they are Blue & White in colour) will be buying more.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom