ChrisBobs

Summer Sewn Up in Turkey
Excellent find- or cheep? Thank you Karen
That book ' Birds without Wings' was wonderful, I should read it again.

Summer Sewn Up in Turkey
Thanks Karen. Jeremy Seal is an excellent author and has written two books about Turkey - " A Fez of the Heart" and " Santa Claus" - which I thoroughly reccomend. Both are out in paperback, and if you visit Datca they are available in our local English/Tutkish run bookstore - Civan, near the hospital.

Carolyn

Summer Sewn Up in Turkey
What a lovely heart-warming article which serves to remind us of one of the reasons we fell in love with the country and its people all those years ago.

I agree about Jeremy Seal. I own "A Fez of the Heart" and thoroughly enjoyed it. "Santa Claus" will go on the wish list!

Karyn UK

Summer Sewn Up in Turkey
A Fez of the Heart is one of my favourite books. I'm reading A Life with A View at the moment about a couple building a house on the Black Sea back in the '90s. Lots of very useful insights into communication problems!

K

Dalaman Deli

Loving Life in Turkey!
Summer Sewn Up in Turkey
Thanks Karen, great read.

I love Jeremy Seal's writing and his enthusiasm for Turkey. I thoroughly enjoyed his 'A Fez of the Heart' but haven't read 'Santa Claus' yet. I also loved De Berniere's 'Birds without Wings' which I read when I first moved here. I enjoyed it do much I limited myself to just reading a few pages a day as I didn't want the story to end.

Karyn UK

Summer Sewn Up in Turkey
I enjoyed it do much I limited myself to just reading a few pages a day as I didn't want the story to end.

I did exactly the same thing, because normally I whizz through books, and I was staying down in Dalaman when I was reading this and really, really restricted myself to make it last. I recommended it to my Mum the other day so she has my copy currently.

K

geordie_nev

Summer Sewn Up in Turkey
Another nice little article by Jeremy Seal in the Times. This time the article features the ancient region of Phrgia.

I was lost deep in Turkey, beyond the tourists, beyond the road signs and beyond, it seemed, even the Turks, when a whole family of them rode to my rescue.

Their horse-drawn cart clattered through the weird volcanic stonescape, with its weather-sculpted “fairy chimneys”, to pull up with a haul on the reins opposite the wound-down window of my hire car.

No sooner had I mentioned that I was after the Castle of Avdalaz — a line worthy, even in my terrible Turkish, of Tintin — than the cart had turned around and was leading me back in the direction it had just appeared from.

Read More: Phrygia: Turkey’s new inland classic

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Summer Sewn Up in Turkey
Let's hope the article doesn't attract hordes to our valley. :wink:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom