Status
Not open for further replies.
sue at gatwick
Just to let everyone know,, I saw Sue tonight,,someone had advised her not to read the forum replies due to some of the nasty comments. She would like to point out that she was not asking for money,, all she was asking was that if anyone happened to be on that flight and going the same way as she was,,then would they be kind enough to give her a lift. She asked me to thank everyone for their kind offers of help and ask others not to be so quick to judge,,no one knows the position that they might be in,, in the future. She has managed to sort this problem out now. Thanks again for the positive comments.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
sue at gatwick
That's good news Chris, I would hope that a cry for help, would be just that, but unfortunately people do rightly or wrongly judge. As I said in my post, I felt useless because I am in the North of the UK. I am glad to hear that Sue's problem is sorted, the stress of why she is going is enough to bear. My thoughts are with all concerned, very sad circumstances for her to cope with.

Tess

sue at gatwick
Fab news CrystalChris that Sue is sorted, good luck for her journey back and the kindness and support she will show to her friend. Thanks for the update.

sue at gatwick
I'm glad Sue got sorted, I too would have loved to be of help but the only airport close to us is Newcastle.
Sue must be a lovely friend to have, going from Turkey to the Uk to support her friend at such a sad time.

EVELYNNE

evelynne
sue at gatwick
yes i echo all the above, i didn't read all the thread as i was disgusted with some of the views, I wasn;t in a position to help, so kept out.

At the end of the day, I hope I have a friend like her in my hour of need, who is prepared to drop everything and come to me , whatever the consequences.

Send her and her friend my very best wishes

Eve xx

Ps - I am lucky that I have had great support and made some genuine cyber friends on this forum, but I will think very very carefully about sharing my personal life and asking for help on here in the future. I will certainly just stick to the PM system to contact those i can rely on.

Take care all and have a good day x

GnD

sue at gatwick
Cheers Chris,

Truly good to hear Sue has help sorted and friend in you to check she is okay. The direction it took beggered belief.

Debbie X

janA

sue at gatwick
I too am pleased she is sorted, i stopped watching the thread because of some of the horrible comments.

saffie

Saffie
sue at gatwick
Ditto the above and my very best wishes to Sue on her mercy mission.

So glad she has managed to sort transport and will arrive safely.

I'm sure Sue will realise that,despite a few very unhelpful and ill conceived comments that the majority were supportive of her plight and that there were several 'knights ( and knightesses?) willing to rally support and practical help.

saffie

hachris

sue at gatwick
Ditto the above and my very best wishes to Sue on her mercy mission.

So glad she has managed to sort transport and will arrive safely.

I'm sure Sue will realise that, despite a few very unhelpful and ill conceived comments that the majority were supportive of her plight and that there were several 'knights ( and knightesses?) willing to rally support and practical help.

saffie

There are some basic rules for the Forum and they work mostly, but perhaps we should adopt some additional rules each for us before posting – like – do I have anything to contribute with when somebody asking for help. If you are not able to feel compassion for somebody else’s problem, just don’t say anything. You don’t need to show your superiority and inform the Forum about how such things can’t never happen to you or your family, just keep your mouth shut and be happy that you are not in the same situation.

I am really glad that Sue did not read the whole thread. I was getting sick of some comments.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
sue at gatwick
Thank God she is sorted out . I did see she didn't ask for money . But if she had some responses would have been the same . Funny how people think nothing of spending £30/40 in a cafe on booze yet value it so greatly if someone is stuck . Another case of prioritys again . Might it be a good idea if those of us who were willing to help club together and keep an emergency fund for such cases ? ie man beating wife . oap needing help etc . Just by sending pm's to each other ????? I'm also willing to put towards flowers or some token to give to sue to help restore her faith in tlf and human nature Maybe a big box of thorntons chocs . I'm willing to put 10/20 £ in anyone else ???? ...Diane

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
sue at gatwick
There are some basic rules for the Forum and they work mostly, but perhaps we should adopt some additional rules each for us before posting – like – do I have anything to contribute with when somebody asking for help. If you are not able to feel compassion for somebody else’s problem, just don’t say anything. You don’t need to show your superiority and inform the Forum about how such things can’t never happen to you or your family, just keep your mouth shut and be happy that you are not in the same situation.

I am really glad that Sue did not read the whole thread. I was getting sick of some comments.

Agreed, well said.

bayjan

sue at gatwick
Thank God some people have a bit of compassion for a fellow human being.
I have been so angry at the comments made yesterday and have only just brought myself to look again, and to my relief some of you had expressed exactly what I was thinking and would have said now.
If there is a National Express coach for 20 pounds I will give Sue the fare myself. I hope all of you that made the nasty remarks never need help, remember 'what goes around comes around'

waterbaby

sue at gatwick
To be fair no one really made nasty remarks once they knew the circumstances involved, but you are right as far as Karma and things comming back to bite you in the ass.

sue at gatwick
I know there were some comments which appeared antagonistic but I think it was purely the way in which Sue worded her message saying "I have no money" and that was all it was really.
People have to be so careful these days but nobody would have just begrudged her a lift up to Telford if going that way!
Even I didnt appreciate she was just asking for anyone on the same flight to give her a lift so perhaps I was at fault too in assuming the wrong thing.
Its so easy to post something and get misunderstood so I dont think anything was meant in malice to Sue.
As soon as the actual meaning of her post was established ,people were sympathetic and in the absence of any lift,I am sure all would have rallied round to help!

Glad she got sorted anyway

Last edited:
sue at gatwick
The ones that did react like Saiorse have apologised and there was merely a misinterpretation of Sue,s message.
Asking for a lift is fine on its own but the comment "I have no money" just threw people into the wrong approach.
TLF members are on the whole very compassionate people and we shouldnt create a "us" and "them"
I think we should all send our best wishes to Sue and her friend, apologise that she was misinterpreted and close the thread.
I dont see the point of psychoanalysing it further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom