Such a lucky lady!!!!
Just thought I would share something with you all that has restored my faith in human nature!!

Yesterday, my husband and I went to London to attend a very posh formal ball at a posh hotel. On arrival at reception I realised I was missing something.:dooh:....yes my handbag, which by this time was beng taken for a ride in the back of the black cab which had dropped us off and left!

The contents of my bag included keys for home, car and work, cash, ALL of my credit/ bank/ store cards, cheque books etc etc.Having no id for the cab or name of driver etc, needless to say I felt sick and hubby was less than happy!!!! :17:

Fortunately, being a woman I keep my mobile in the bottom of my bag and therefore have a very loud annoying ringtone so I can hear it!! After several attempts to call the phone in the hope that the driver would pick up, but to no avail, it was looking like an evening of phoning banks etc to cancel cards:(. Reception in the hotel advised that all lost property was taken to police stations and transferred to a central office within 48 hours. I phoned the lost prop office,but it was closed for the weekend till Monday!!!!!:crying:

Thnings were not looking good except for the fact my phone was still ringing (unanswered) and in my mind I was thinking that if someone had decided to acquire the bag for their own use (nick it!), then it would have been turned off or sim card removed??

To cut a very long story short, the phone was eventually answered after @ 45 mins by the cab driver:307bt:, who had not heard the phone as he had been listening to his radio, but had been handed the bag by his next customers!!!! The bag was returned in it's entirety within 1 1/2 hours!!! Having paid the cabbie the "handbag's fare", he then gave me a big hug and told me to enjoy my evening!!!

I now have the utmost respect for black cab drivers in London, and as stated earlier - my faith in human nature and honesty has been restored!:first:

LADIES - The moral of this story is always have a loud annoying ringtone on your phone, so at least if you leave/ loos your bag, you stand half a chance of getting it back!!!!

Needless to say there was copious amounts of free alcohol consumed by yours truly last night, and many a tale to tell!

alison09400

Such a lucky lady!!!!
I'm sure you were more than relieved to get your bag back...I hope you gave the taxi driver a big tip! :cheers:

bodhorn

Such a lucky lady!!!!
something similar happened to me in kusadasi 6 years ago. my wallet fell out of my pocket on a dolmus with over 100 pounds sterling and 100tl in it and other stuff. gave up on it - with a few tears in my eyes but to my amazement i was stopped at the dolmus station a couple of night later and handed it back (all in tact) they reconized my kids by the photos in it. i offered a reward but the men wouldnt take it.

Martyn

Such a lucky lady!!!!
something similar happened to me in kusadasi 6 years ago. my wallet fell out of my pocket on a dolmus with over 100 pounds sterling and 100tl in it and other stuff. gave up on it - with a few tears in my eyes but to my amazement i was stopped at the dolmus station a couple of night later and handed it back (all in tact) they reconized my kids by the photos in it. i offered a reward but the men wouldnt take it.

So nice to hear of these good stories.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom