bobthenob

Non Active Member
Stupid Mistakes
I had a 3 litre coke l wanted to cool down quickly for the alcoholic drinks later on,so l stashed it in the freezer.l forgot all about the coke in the freezer,because l realized after, l already have some cool mixers.
Five hours later,l was a bit peckish and decided to cook up some frozen meals.l opened the freezer and found the coke frozen solid.

l took the bottle out of the freezer and unscrewed the lid.Big Mistake.The coke exploded with a rush of the sticky stuff all over me and all over the kitchen.l suppose l can excuse myself just this once,due to a deterioration in the grey matter and toxicated at the same time.

Spent most of the time cleaning the place up.As for the ceiling,l just cannot get the stains out,so now l have to paint the whole ceiling to cover the marks.Quite a troublesome mistake to make and money wasted on paint and other cleaning products to buy.
Just wondered if anyone done anything crazy,due to a senior moment
 
Last edited:

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Stupid Mistakes
I had a 3 litre coke l wanted to cool down quickly for the alcoholic drinks later on,so l stashed it in the freezer.l forgot all about the coke in the freezer,because l realized after, l already have some cool mixers.
Five hours later,l was a bit peckish and decided to cook up some frozen meals.l opened the freezer and found the coke frozen solid.

l took the bottle out of the freezer and unscrewed the lid.Big Mistake.The coke exploded with a rush of the sticky stuff all over me and all over the kitchen.l suppose l can excuse myself just this once,due to a deterioration in the grey matter and toxicated at the same time.

Spent most of the time cleaning the place up.As for the ceiling,l just cannot get the stains out,so now l have to paint the whole ceiling to cover the marks.Quite a troublesome mistake to make and money wasted on paint and other cleaning products to buy.
Just wondered if anyone done anything crazy,due to a senior moment

haahahahah yeah ive had the same experience once!!! expolding frozen coke! and u cant even close the lid while its fizzing everywhere! aahah
 

arrian

R.I.P
Stupid Mistakes
haahahahah yeah ive had the same experience once!!! expolding frozen coke! and u cant even close the lid while its fizzing everywhere! aahah

tinned heinz sponge pudding, lovely speckled ceiling, just like yours probably!! :wow::wow:
 

JAYTEE

Member
Stupid Mistakes
My husband put a bottle of champagne in the freezer and forgot about it. It exploded inside the freezer - glass everywhere!! What a waste!
 

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Stupid Mistakes
Many years ago, I used to love egg/cress sandwiches for my lunch at work, (allergic to egg now), I put a large pan of eggs on to simmer slowly to hard boiled, hmmmm, forgot about them, when all of a sudden I thought we were being broken into, our dog Murphy, at that time was going mental, when I went to check where the noise was coming from, the kitchen walls/ceiling, cupboards everywhere were scattered with egg and egg shells, we had to have the whole kitchen re-decorated, fortunately for me, lol the egg came off the cupbards.
 

Martyn

Member
Stupid Mistakes
I've put wine in the freezer before and forgot about it. When we first got married we had just decorated the kitchen. We had an electric cooker and my wife put down a plastic dust pan and brush on the cooling ring. A few minutes later it burst into flames and bit of plastic flew everywhere and ruined the vinyl wallpaper. I know someone who went home drunk and put a couple of eggs to hard boil them. He fell asleep and someone woke him up with the pan boiled dry but not before it killed the budgie.
 

juco

Member
Stupid Mistakes
expolding frozen coke

Ha ha give a bottle of frozen coke to your (don`t like) friends.

Apparently its to do with the water in the coke freezing and as it does it expands and takes up all the space leaving no where for the gas to go....until you open the bottle that is.
 
Stupid Mistakes
Not so much a mistake as just plain stupid, 20 odd years ago I fancied some tinned custard so I heated it up and waited till it cooled down then I ate it.
It was later pointed out to me I could just have ate it straight fromt the tin.
 

nanamo

Member
Stupid Mistakes
I once put an egg in the microwave to cook and it exploded but my friends daughter wanted to make cheese on toast and put the toaster on its side, slid in the bread and grated cheese and then stood and cried while the kitchen burned. Molly
 

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Stupid Mistakes
Ongoing lapse of memory seem to be on the agenda.A follow on from the exploding coke bottle.
About 18:30 this evening,l decided to make a lovely pudding for my wife and l.l was thickening up this chocolate pudding when l smelt burning chemical material and hair.l thought while stirring the pudding and sniffing at the same time,that's a funny smell and thought it could be coming from outside,until l looked down and found my t-shirt was alight burning my stomach.
"ooooh",l'm on fire!, l shouted, while slapping my stomach trying to put the flames out.My wife just carried watching the telly.No sympathy there

What happened was the very loose t-shirt that hung over my ballooned stomach,which resembles a tent and was touching the hob was the problem.Solution,l must lose weight to save myself from embarrassing incidences
"well",they do say things do come in three's.l wonder what the third incident will be
 
Last edited:

CATHNJOHN

Member
Stupid Mistakes
Hi ,this is really stupid,my son was given some cases of Virgin Cola,some of the packaging had come off and the cans a little grubby,i came up with a belting idea..lets put them in the dishwasher eh,only mummy didnt think about the heat in the drying process expanding the cans did she,when we opened the dishwasher up we were met with explosion after explosion,we ended up with the entire kitchen and us dripping with cola, pinned to the walls being shot with can after can of warm cola, and couldnt even touch a can without it blowing up,took a full weekend to clean the kitchen and repaint,my kids dont listen to my bright ideas anymore,we do chuckle about it now and then though.
 

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Stupid Mistakes
Ongoing lapse of memory seem to be on the agenda.A follow on from the exploding coke bottle.
About 18:30 this evening,l decided to make a lovely pudding for my wife and l.l was thickening up this chocolate pudding when l smelt burning chemical material and hair.l thought while stirring the pudding and sniffing at the same time,that's a funny smell and thought it could be coming from outside,until l looked down and found my t-shirt was alight burning my stomach.
"ooooh",l'm on fire!, l shouted, while slapping my stomach trying to put the flames out.My wife just carried watching the telly.No sympathy there

What happened was the very loose t-shirt that hung over my ballooned stomach,which resembles a tent and was touching the hob was the problem.Solution,l must lose weight to save myself from embarrassing incidences
"well",they do say things do come in three's.l wonder what the third incident will be

Ermmmm, let me think, Mrs Bobthenob's got a headache tonight.

:boohoo:
 

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Stupid Mistakes
tinned heinz sponge pudding, lovely speckled ceiling, just like yours probably!! :wow::wow:

looool.... i had same thing with boiled egg i put in the microvave... my mum forgot to 'slit' that one.. so it went BAAAM...... as well as the koftas and gravy in the bowl!..... spent ages cleaning the yolk out the air wents in the microvave! lol
 

icebern09

Fighting "The Beast"
Stupid Mistakes
Yep, last year I had cavity wall insulation done, forgetting that I had a hole in the kitchen wall where I had had a new boiler fitted months earlier......... I am still finding the stuff.:der::der::der:
 
Top Bottom