street sellers
do the turkish sellers of perfume and aftershave need a licence to sell on the streets as they are very abusive and ignorant when you dont buy

TNT123

To Young to be This Old
street sellers
do the turkish sellers of perfume and aftershave need a licence to sell on the streets as they are very abusive and ignorant when you dont buy

Not sure whether they need a License John,doubt they would get one if the had to.I always answer them and the restaurant,beach guys in Turkish,they soon walk off if they think your not a Tourist.
Trev.

cside

street sellers
I find if you are polite to them they are polite back. I usually use a phrase along the lines of not today thank you, maybe later, they seem happy with that and go off and try to sell to another tourist.

ted j

street sellers
A few years ago, there were market stalls on one Saturday night on the front , we were walking through them when a woman asked Kath to try her favourite perfume (obviously at the price, a copy), but she then explained that these were cut down with water too much, but she used very little water and to not buy any, but come back later (after her spraying some on Kath's wrists) and it would still be "active"
We did this and after over an hour, it was still really strong, so bought a bottle(which incidentally, kept "Live" for ages when we got home)

bickern

street sellers
The ones that mix them for you are very strong and last for ages apparently, it is the boxed counterfeits that are weak.

I bought my daughter a mix when I was in Istanbul and she was and still is highly delighted with it.

kibris

street sellers
The desıgner copıes they sell on the markets and streets look very good as dısplay on a bathroom shelf.Some are better than others at lastıng and beıng true to the orıgınal.Do NOT PAY ANY MORE THAN 10LIRA FOR THEM---less ıf you can haggle.The D&P perfume shops all over turkey are your best bet for copıes but you only get a plaın bottle---they cost 27lıra for 100mls and usually throw ın a small freebıe.Most of the D&P Perfume and aftershave ıs spot on.

evo80

street sellers
You soon get tired of walking through a market in Turkey repeating "no thank you" every ten seconds, I just blank them completely, they soon move on for new customers and have forgotten you were even there within seconds.

This is exactly what I do . I have got in the mind set as to them being totally not there to me ,and they just go on to some one else . I used to answer them ,but got fed up with the constant /where you from /where you staying /what is your name . Now its a total blank .

Carolyn

street sellers
I too find D & P the best for copies of more expensive originals. The scent lingers for ages and is true to what it purports to be. A good tester is when someone else recognises what it is meant to be!

There are a couple of other stores selling copies - Loris is one. Although cheaper than D & P I don't find their copies to be as true to the originals or as lasting.

mollag

Kipper restorer
street sellers
Is there a D & P anywhere near Bodrum? I need to top up on my cologne [ok, there is a ship on the bottle] :fear:

kibris

street sellers
Is there a D & P anywhere near Bodrum? I need to top up on my cologne [ok, there is a ship on the bottle] :fear:

you can google D@P --They have a chaın of shops all over turkey.But why not make your own?You can buy small bottles of essentıal oıls from spıce stalls on turkısh markets for as lıttle as 4 lıra.Lavender oıl keeps mozzys away and aıds sleep then theres a host of others---sandalwood, rose ,lılac,,lemon,ylang ylang,whıte lıly,vıolet,jasmıne many many more.A few drops added to a bıt of olıve oıl or sweet almond oıl make a nıce massage oıl or make ıt stronger for perfume.The sandalwood ıs nıce for men and has been used for thousands of years as have the others.One of the nıcest ıs ZAMBAK--whıte lıly.Vıolet ıs called MENEKŞE here ın turkey and can also be used as a rub for aches and paıns and lavverly on yer poor old feet when they ache!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom