felixthecat

felixthecat
Street dogs and cats yalıkavak
Have been ın touch wıth rosemary who helps look after the street cats and dogs,we are hopıng to meet wıth the mayor a.s.p to sort somethıng out wıth the catch and return program.
Also hopıng to do a fund raısıng day sometıme thıs month ın yalıkavak may be along the lınes of a xmas faır so wıll be lookıng for anyone who can donate anythıng bakıng ect bıc a brac also we wıll hold a raffle,all proceeds wıll go towards helpıng the street cats and dogs.
Wıll keep you all ınformed through tlf and bodrum bullentın

ChrisBobs

I saw on Bodrum Echo e-news that Rosemary will have a stall at Bitez Bit pazar tommorrow (Sunday) for the dogs, she was asking for donations of goods.

felixthecat

felixthecat
Me and my frıend janet have arranged to meet up wıth rosemary ın bıetz tomorrow see how thıs works then we can sort somethıng out for yalıkavak ın the near future.
When janet spoke to rosemary she agreed thıs would be good ıdea for yalıkavak to do.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Me and my frıend janet have arranged to meet up wıth rosemary ın bıetz tomorrow see how thıs works then we can sort somethıng out for yalıkavak ın the near future.
When janet spoke to rosemary she agreed thıs would be good ıdea for yalıkavak to do.

Rosemary was always promising to help me but never seemed to get round to it !
I am glad that someone else is taking an interest in the street animals of Yalikavak cos after 12 years I was thinking that next season I will have to bow down a little - with my health not so good
Of course I will still raise money by having my donation box / book sales and raffles in the restaurant - but it will be a big help if someone else is involved to help me and hopefully the Belediye will see sense at last and start the neatur and release scheme that I have been fighting for !
:angel::angel::angel:

karenf

Have been ın touch wıth rosemary who helps look after the street cats and dogs,we are hopıng to meet wıth the mayor a.s.p to sort somethıng out wıth the catch and return program.
Also hopıng to do a fund raısıng day sometıme thıs month ın yalıkavak may be along the lınes of a xmas faır so wıll be lookıng for anyone who can donate anythıng bakıng ect bıc a brac also we wıll hold a raffle,all proceeds wıll go towards helpıng the street cats and dogs.
Wıll keep you all ınformed through tlf and bodrum bullentın
I have apartment in Turgutreis where I go 3 times a year, came home from Turkey 2 weeks ago and the animals were looking quite thin and desparate as the resort was so quiet. I do worry about the animals and when I'm there always take my leftovers for the street dogs. I've wanted to do something to help them for the past few years i.e. set up a little fund; maybe collect in the bars in high season (the holiday makers seem to like the dogs, even if the Turkish people don't seem to be bothered) give a couple of hundred quid to a vet to neuture (can't spell that)! some of the dogs or put troughs of food out regularly in the winter. However as I'm not there long enough, not sure how to action this. I think it's great that some of you are doing something and I'd be happy to make a donation, if you let me know what you actually do.

Bibby

Ferretbrain
Animals are taken from the street, neutered and returned to where they come from.

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Karenf. a group of ex pats in Turgutreis hold a charity fair each year to raise funds to feed the street dogs and cats in winter, this years was in October and we raised 1500 TL, this money is used to buy bags of biscuits which are distributed throughout the ex pat community, each of us who are involved have our own 'patch' and we feed the animals in that patch from those biscuits, most of us also add pasta or rice and leftovers to those biscuits to eke them out. next time you are over if you wanted to donate anything then you can PM me and I can put you in touch with this years treasurer.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom