Stormy day in Datca!
There's a spectacular southerly wind blowing today - the town bay looks amazing with big, big waves! The sea is right up the beach to the promenade and it's impossible to walk round to the harbour as the waves are breaking right over the promenade up to the wall. The lighthouse is just a blur through the huge waves hitting it. No rain yet but the sky is very dark so I expect that it's only a matter of time.

The colours in the sea are incredible - I do love a good storm, as long as I am inside watching it!!!:95im::95im::95im:

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Stormy day in Datca!
and here in Turgutreis, rain, wind hail and thunder and lightening, lovely!!!!!

Howell's

Stormy day in Datca!
really bad here in didm. Thunder is on its way.
Was kept up half the night by something banging on the roof. Got hubby to climb up this morning and have a look but got no idea where its coming from.
How annoying !!!

alison09400

Stormy day in Datca!
Same weather here in Kusadasi so looks like the whole coast is getting it.

It is so dark, gale force winds, thunder, lightening, hail .....now steady rain.

felixthecat

felixthecat
Stormy day in Datca!
Thınk the storm ıs goıng to hıt yalıkavak anytıme just love to watch the fork lıghtenıng.

saffie

Saffie
Stormy day in Datca!
Black as soot here in Marmaris.........

Hailstones the size of marbles,crashing thunder and spectacular lightening!!

The tv keeps going on and off and the lights keep flickering.........the dog took one look outside,ran to a bush to pee then legged it back upstairs quicker than a jackrabbit. Ha ha.

Glad I have stocked up on books as it looks like this is here for a few more days. Just put a nice big pot of veggies on to make a warming and nourishing soup..

saffie

SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
Stormy day in Datca!
It still hasn't really hit us yet in Eski datca. Had short sharp downpour, now it is a bit brighter again, but we are surrounded by dark clouds. Its not over yet??!!

Glad we didn't go to Marmaris today :eek:

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Stormy day in Datca!
Well it has hit Torba this morning with a vengence and as for the lightening and thunder I think it is the worst we have had in 6 years. Serving up lunch big flash and I mean big flash - enormous crash of Thunder, I nearly died, (hate storms) and as for rain, well!!! Thank God for the v.v. large g & t I am wopping back

bethx

Stormy day in Datca!
The storm seems right overhead here at the moment. (akbuk) Was really enjoying it but the last big bang of thunder managed to shake all the windows and doors and petrified my little boy. Loudest thunder I've heard since I've lived here.. Lightening blindingly bright too .

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Stormy day in Datca!
Just had another huge storm. We now have a swimming pool in the conservatory.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom