tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Stickers given out by Tansas - loyalty points?
Hi, couldn't think where else to put this. When I was food shopping in Tansas the cashier sometimes gave out a tiny sticker (smaller than a Green Shield stamp...eons ago if you remember). No use to me so I gave to the person behind me. Now wondering what they were - do supermarkets in Turkey have loyalty/points schemes like the Tesco clubcard. Just curious, thanks Carol x

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
There's also a card available to stick them on. The Fethiye Tansas are issuing them to collect towards a range of Pyrex dishes.

It works out that you have to spend something like 2,000 TL to get a 10 % discount on a Pyrex casserole dish that would normally cost you about 18 TL. Very much like Green Shield.

Migros and Carrefour both have loyalty cards. In my opinion they're better than the likes of Tesco, Sainsbury's etc because you get an instant discount at the checkout on certain in-store advertised items, plus, in the case of Migros, a money back system and also vouchers in the post.

The only downside is that when you register your card you have to give a mobile phone number and you'll constantly get text messages about special offers. :wink: A word from the wise, give a false mobile number, or the number of someone who irritates you, when registering your card. :wink:

Last edited:
On the subject of the Migros card I still have not been able to register mine as I don't have a Kimlik number, I have tried loads of fake numbers but none were accepted!

Is it worth me using the card?

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Kimlik number? I've never been asked for one before ! Ask a Turkish friend to register a card for you if you're having problems with registering.

If you do a lot of shopping in Migros the card is well worth having, especially when they have "spend 50 TL and get item X for 1 TL". Unlike the UK, they seem to have some very good quality products on "kampanya" .

Every 3 months or so, it's worth swiping the card through the machine near the entrance to the store and getting a "Migros Cheque" which is a voucher to spend in the shop. Our last one was for about 60 TL.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
It'll only show you your Kimlik number if you have, or have had a Residence Permit in the past.

Thanks Immac, but I don't have a residents permit so cant fill that form in either LOL !

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
I still don't understand why there is a problem. I have a Kimlik, but have never given it to Migros, yet my Migros Card is credited with online purchases. My recollection was I ignored it, or put in xxxxx, but not any sensible number.

Ian

Bubskar

Kimlik number? I've never been asked for one before ! Ask a Turkish friend to register a card for you if you're having problems with registering.

If you do a lot of shopping in Migros the card is well worth having, especially when they have "spend 50 TL and get item X for 1 TL". Unlike the UK, they seem to have some very good quality products on "kampanya" .

Every 3 months or so, it's worth swiping the card through the machine near the entrance to the store and getting a "Migros Cheque" which is a voucher to spend in the shop. Our last one was for about 60 TL.

I was behind a Turkish lady in Migros the other day and I wondered where she had gotten 2 x 50 tl vouchers. She must have done a great amount of shopping in the past to get those? I haven't swiped for a while, maybe I should.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Definitely worth swiping every couple of months or so otherwise you lose the points after a certain period. Can't remember how long, or whether there's a particular cut-off date, although 31st January seems to ring a bell for some reason.

Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
Damm I am saving up for a pyrex milk jug with them stamps now ive got the stamps and lost the card and the time has run out. I think i had to spend about 10,000 lire for a jug???

Latest Posts

Top Bottom