Camden

Starmer' - Labour - What now?
Do you know what an 'Extract' is?

I'll give you a clue......it is not the entire article.
I'll give you another clue...check the article and you'll see it's not a cherry picked section.

As said, 8 minor breaches.....how many are needed from Mr Rules Follower?

I don't need clues Ms. Marple

Yes, Tenpin I know what an extract is ...In fact, I said in my post it was a" part piece" ... your point is?

What I also said, is it was cherry-picked.. based on, your "extract" only giving, The Commissioner's allegation.'

Omitting to mention the Commissioner's finding and notation that“breaches were minor and/or inadvertent, and that there was no deliberate attempt to mislead”.

People reading the post don't get the full picture ...but only your "extract" part version .. certainly not the Commissioner's version and view on the allegations.

Last edited:

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
I don't need clues Ms. Marple

Yes, Tenpin I know what an extract is ...In fact, I said in my post it was a" part piece" ... your point is?

What I also said, is it was cherry-picked.. based on, your "extract" only giving, The Commissioner's allegation.'

Omitting to mention the Commissioner's finding and notation that“breaches were minor and/or inadvertent, and that there was no deliberate attempt to mislead”.

People reading the post don't get the full picture ...but only your "extract" part version .. certainly not the Commissioner's version and view on the allegations.

Even your reply makes it clear you don't understand what an extract is.....lol

Members don't need me to post the full story (Aka what Camden does), that's why I put the link in so they can read the full article for themselves if they so wish.

Camden

Even your reply makes it clear you don't understand what an extract is.....lol

Members don't need me to post the full story (Aka what Camden does), that's why I put the link in so they can read the full article for themselves if they so wish.

Extract : meaning a particular part of a book, poem, etc.
Cambridge English Dictionary: Meanings & Definitions

I am quite aware of what "extract" means and said ( "part ref Article" ) ... also I think most members know they needn't post the full story.

But what they do expect, I would imagine, is that the "extract" reflects a summary of the actual full balanced article.

This means reading the opinions, and conclusions of the Commissioner investigating.... is fully represented in that "extract", and not just solely the allegations .....that's cherry-picking.

If someone had only read your "extract"( as many might ) it would hardly be a true summary of what is a more balanced article.

Especially as the Commissioner's view on the allegations, in conclusion, was even stronger saying “breaches were minor and/or inadvertent, and that there was no deliberate attempt to mislead”.

Last edited:

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Do you know what an 'Extract' is?

I'll give you a clue......it is not the entire article.
I'll give you another clue...check the article and you'll see it's not a cherry picked section.

As said, 8 minor breaches.....how many are needed from Mr Rules Follower?
Oh i do believe me , i read the Daily Mail and the Express every day , they have elevated it unto an art form . Good try however mate .
steve

Saoirse

Tenpin what is it annoys you about starmer- is it him stealing conservative policies or being more of a Tory than you Tories???

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Tenpin what is it annoys you about starmer- is it him stealing conservative policies or being more of a Tory than you Tories???

What's annoying about the man is that he doesn't have an original idea.
And Captain Hindsight fits him perfectly whenever he opens his mouth.

Saoirse

Indeed
And hopefully her training to be PM will include how to find your way out of a room with 1 door...

Mushroom

Starmer-Labour- What now?

Who is the thicko who cannot manage that one without introducing Truss?
Only a matter of time before Irish Republicanisms get added.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
What's annoying about the man is that he doesn't have an original idea.
And Captain Hindsight fits him perfectly whenever he opens his mouth.
Imho , for what it is worth i genuinely think he trashes Johnson the compulsive lair , time after time , johnson just stumbles and stutters as he thinks up his next lie .
Steve

Mushroom

And, if things are bad now, could they have been better with Starmer or Corbyn at the helm.
One can't make a decision to save his life.
The other would have been sending our troops to Ukraine to fight for Putin.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom