Starmer' - Labour - What now?
Lol

And your defence of Shapps.....?
Eh? Where have I mentioned Shapps?

Seems in some people’s minds the Covid fallout & the cost of living crisis is only happening in the UK......do I need to explain what the word “global” relates to?

Saoirse

So just to be clear

None of UKs problems are Brexit related and Brexit has been a roaring success?

So just to be clear

None of UKs problems are Brexit related and Brexit has been a roaring success?
Mmmm again where have I said anything like that?
BUT let’s also be clear. Some of the problems the UK is/are experiencing are global......that includes staff shortages in most sectors. HGV drivers was at the time a prime example. And at that time it was posted that it was only happening in the UK because of Brexit, again it turned out to be a global issue.....right across Europe & even in the US.

Saoirse

Bit non committal there Chips- has Brexit been a roaring success or not, simple question-

Saoirse

I am bound to say despite Tony Blair saying today ( or maybe because of it!!!) that Starmers doing a great job- I have absolutely no idea what the labour party stand for.

There used to be at least a cursory difference with the Tories in that with union links and standing solid with the working man labour were viewed as being there for the workers.

As we saw displayed in disgraceful clarity they now shun the worker, the striker, the unions etc to side against them.

It seems somewhat hollow if their main selling point to the electorate is vote for them to remove Johnson but really nothing more beyond that and basically just change of tie colours around the cabinet which continues to maintain the status quo of rich get richer and no support for the plebs

Maisie

It is my opinion that there is little difference between the parties - once they get into office. The narrative goes something like 'well, what did you expect? Look what we inherited from the previous government party.'

Added to this are quotes from previous ministers, finding something to moan about if they are not members of the 'in' party .

Maisie

Saoirse

Agree entirely Maisie

For some major issues over the years for example even Tory notorious clamp down on trade unions- Labour kicked up hell as opposition about the changes, but once it was their turn at government they retained those very changes

Not a jot of difference between Tories and Tory light

You know they are 2 peas in a pod when you consider their leadership could quite easily slip into either party

Maisie

Turncoats? Hope of short public memory?

The party which is not 'in' has always jibed at the ruling party. Always has been a reversal of publicised opinion and promises following a change of government .

It does make somewhat of a mockery of election campaigning as the electorate cannot with any certainty expect any party to stick to what they say.

Shame there is no legislation to make politicians carry out their election promises. Hence, back to what was 'inherited'.

Maisie

Most organizations has its fair share of everything that's a don't in this life but Westminster seems to have it in abundance.
I wonder if these odd bods were like it before they got elected or did they get converted?

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Most organizations has its fair share of everything that's a don't in this life but Westminster seems to have it in abundance.
I wonder if these odd bods were like it before they got elected or did they get converted?

When the situation is reversed the words used include leopards and spots.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
When they have a compulsive liar at the top then , as is said ,a fish rots from the head down . All parties have miscreants but Boris the compulsive liar Johnson sets the standard .
Steve

Chasey

Starmer's total failure to capitalize on the government's own failure to provide a single significant Brexit benefit is frankly unbelievable.

The Conservatives created the situation but are not being held accountable for it.

Like any power that wants to introduce a policy that is quite obviously disastrous for the man in the street, the conservatives used a Referendum to hide behind and would no doubt say they had no choice but to follow the will of the people, so about should focus on the lies that the people were told in order to get the result the conservatives wanted.

He's just not got the killer instinct. He's a frank Bruno of a politician but without the sympathy of the people.

Starmer's total failure to capitalize on the government's own failure to provide a single significant Brexit benefit is frankly unbelievable.

The Conservatives created the situation but are not being held accountable for it.

Like any power that wants to introduce a policy that is quite obviously disastrous for the man in the street, the conservatives used a Referendum to hide behind and would no doubt say they had no choice but to follow the will of the people, so about should focus on the lies that the people were told in order to get the result the conservatives wanted.

He's just not got the killer instinct. He's a frank Bruno of a politician but without the sympathy of the people.
He was a staunch pro EU bod prior to the referendum & I think that still remains the case.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive

Latest Posts

Top Bottom