Standard of hospitals and dentists and Docs?Also vets and cattery?
Hello
Thinking about moving to Altinkum area or Kudasaki area.What are your experiences of dentists and doctors and hospitals in these areas?Good or bad?Also I have a cat which I plan on bringing to Turkey too.Are there catteries and vets around ?Love to hear about your experiences with these things mentioned.

Thanks

Rachel.

canim

Rachel,
there are quiet a few threads regarding medical treatment for yourself & for your animals, type in dentists, hospitals & Vets in the search (seperatly) & a whole load of threads will come up.

I have personally heard some great reports on dental treatment in Turkey, i have several friends who cannot get NHS treatment here in the UK, so they see a dentist in Kusadasi twice a year, the treatment is cheaper than going private here in the UK & they tell me they cannot fault the service.

AzraCansel

I give up, let me die
My last trip to the hospital here in Turkey (Izmir, Buca) was due to a fall down the stairs.We went to the emergency room and at that time I was not on my husbands medical and very worried about the cost.No worries, as for $15 YTL I was seen by an english speaking doctor, had xrays, and given pain medication and my ankle wrapped in an elastic bandage - all in about 30 mins time.I must also add that compared to the hospital back in Canada that I lived near this hospital was far cleaner and nicer and the staff was helpful, fast and friendly.I would assume you will find it to be very similar in Kusadası.
As for pets here in Izmir there are several good vets and we are only an hour away if you can't find one there.

Last edited:
Hello and thanks for your help.I plan to travel back to the Uk once a year when living in Turkey and would want a nice cattery to leave my cat in while I am away.The dentists and hospitals sound great.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom