pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
SS computors broke !!!
Just to let fellow Golden Girls and thier fans know sunny seasider as a computor problem at the moment , something to do with its hard drive , may be fixed by tomorrow ....I hope cos i'm missing her cheery posts , lets hope its fixed soon ...............Diane

juco

SS computors broke !!!
Please, please tell me pineapple that it wasn`t you that diagnosed what was wrong with her computer. :) I reckon the mouse has a virus!

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
SS computors broke !!!
Please, please tell me pineapple that it wasn`t you that diagnosed what was wrong with her computer. :) I reckon the mouse has a virus!

Well i did point my mouse towards her !!!! I gave her my professional advice as one who can't type , Can't get song off my mouse , can't use spell check on here , and don't know a floppy disk from a frisbie , ....I told her to back date it , her anti virus WAS a virus ...So its in intensive care right now awaiting surgery to have its hard drive operated on , last i heard it was " Comfortable " lets hope theres an improvement tomorrow !!!! ..Diane

juco

SS computors broke !!!
Well i did point my mouse towards her !!!! I gave her my professional advice as one who can't type , Can't get song off my mouse , can't use spell check on here , and don't know a floppy disk from a frisbie , ....I told her to back date it , her anti virus WAS a virus ...So its in intensive care right now awaiting surgery to have its hard drive operated on , last i heard it was " Comfortable " lets hope theres an improvement tomorrow !!!! ..Diane

:77wu::77wu::77wu:

Maura

'THE GOLDEN GIRLS'
SS computors broke !!!
Do you think that virus is contagious, hope the rest of us golden girls are safe. Hope you are back with us soon SS. We need a strong united team here.

Maura x

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
SS computors broke !!!
Do you think that virus is contagious, hope the rest of us golden girls are safe. Hope you are back with us soon SS. We need a strong united team here.

Maura x

Don't worry Maura we have all been vaccinated on mass at the computer hospital , for rare virus syndrome ......Diane

Maura

'THE GOLDEN GIRLS'
SS computors broke !!!
Thanks Diane, enough problems at the moment, could not be dealing with strange virus. Great to know GG all safe

Maura

arrian

R.I.P
SS computors broke !!!
same thing happened to me on wednesday! i wrote it under the heading " computer probs"
my anti virus system was stopping me from connecting to the internet, had to uninstall it!

ted j

SS computors broke !!!
I have spybot, avg and crap cleaner (all free) and after 18 months, don't have any probs to date. Phil, the tekkie who set everything up, said they all work well together . Some antivirus programmes "fight" with the anti spyware programmes and won't let you access some sites, or even sometimes, the internet. Also, sometimes, when a program says it has uninstalled, it hasn't fully. I do a search and see if there are any files left with the uninstalled program's name. if there are, and you can't delete them manually, I download "Your Uninstaller" ( safe, 30 day free trial) then get rid and then just delete your uninstaller (which does fully uninstall itself) .- Spybot..... update once a week, immunise, (if both total numbers top right, are'nt the same, "undo" then immunise again) then "check for problems" and it'll run a scan (you can still use the internet while it's scanning) . AVG.... set timer to do a scan same time everyday, when you know you'll be on comp (it does make using the internet a bit slower while it's scanning, it takes about 20 minutes) and if your not on comp at set time, will do a scan a couple of minutes after you next use comp. check "virus vault" after scan .Anything in there, just delete. Crap Cleaner...run before you shut down (about 20 seconds) and the next time you turn comp on, it's squeaky clean. Ted

Last edited:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
SS computors broke !!!
Thank you, it's nice to know someone misses me :blowkiss: I'm managing to have a quick fix of TLF here in the Office. Hopefully my computer will be sorted today, it's very poorly this time though. It all started on Sunday when an automatic update was completed, it just went off on one, and the screen kept rolling asking me to install CD for Status. msi windows installer, which I've not got. Then it just stuck on a blank screen, tried everything apart from throwing it out of the window, lol. I have Avast Security which I find very good. Anyway, just waiting to find out from the workshop (mine was about 10th in the queue to be looked at), I've always managed to fix my own, but not this time, thankfully I've got a USB memory stick that I update weekly now after my problems last year.

Think I may be buying a second computer, as I've felt completely lost this week, I do all everything via internet banking, of course my daily fix of TLF, missed so much, etcetera.

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
SS computors broke !!!
Thank you, it's nice to know someone misses me :blowkiss: I'm managing to have a quick fix of TLF here in the Office. Hopefully my computer will be sorted today, it's very poorly this time though. It all started on Sunday when an automatic update was completed, it just went off on one, and the screen kept rolling asking me to install CD for Status. msi windows installer, which I've not got. Then it just stuck on a blank screen, tried everything apart from throwing it out of the window, lol. I have Avast Security which I find very good. Anyway, just waiting to find out from the workshop (mine was about 10th in the queue to be looked at), I've always managed to fix my own, but not this time, thankfully I've got a USB memory stick that I update weekly now after my problems last year.

Think I may be buying a second computer, as I've felt completely lost this week, I do all everything via internet banking, of course my daily fix of TLF, missed so much, etcetera.

I miss you Lesley...:29:

Struggs

Recycled Teenager
SS computors broke !!!
SS, can you remember what sites you visited on Sunday, the reason I ask, there was a trojan problem with sites' that used google adsense on that day, unfortunately I visited one of those sites, and that was what trashed my computer completely. Wondering whether it was to do with that rather than an automatic update. Diane

Latest Posts

Top Bottom