Question for you

shash

shash
Spot the thread(s) relating to Turkish Living
The 'New Posts' link gives you just posts that are/have new posts.
Or are you searching some other way?

On Facebook (I don't use it) what type of posts are you seeing regarding a lot going on in Turkey?
Maybe those topics could also be posted here?

We are trying to encourage more Turkey/Turkish related threads to get member participation on topics that are something other than threads that are not Turkey/Turkish related.

And we're open to suggestions on how to achieve that.
Ok just clicked on 7 pages no 1 onwards just to 7 page. (Could go further but its frustrating)
Couldn't find the 'spot the thread' so have to go to alerts to get our conversation (lucky you responded) otherwise I cant now find it. Its obviously there but I couldn't see it. Possibly couldn't see it for looking, checking 3 times and at that point I give up.
On the Facebook pages there are lots of tours still going on.....lots of tourists still arriving.....problems with the dirt in the sea is quite prominent.......special days that Turks are celebrating....some rough stuff as well as some beautiful cultural iinformation. Super photos from all over Turkey.
Some have just had a coach trip to Isparta lavender fields for instance.
Obviously the curfews are still in place but not for the tourist.
The good and the bad of what covid has dealt the businesses and now reopening with music albeit an early finish time. Many of the expats are obeying rules and of course seeing others who aren't. And it does cause them some angst obviously. Then there are the believers and the believers . All valid opinions and interesting.

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
7 pages is a lot since your last visit.
Do you use the option to 'Mark forums read' (top right of thread list) ?

There is an option at the top right of threads labelled 'watch'........that option can notify you in a couple of ways if a thread is of interest.
Click it again to deselect and stop it notifying you.

Do you think the forum would benefit from the Facebook posts?
Maybe someone with Facebook can post them?

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
I did just remember, if memory serves, that the old forum automatically marked all threads as read after visiting the forum whether you'd read them or not.....this new forum doesn't.

TLF Admin

Administrator
I'll be honest here even though I'm sure no one will give a hoot .
I dont like the new lay out. I only use my smart phone and maybe it makes a difference.
I preferred the layout as it was because I didn't have to hunt for new posts.

And it's all been pretty boring lately.

Where is everyone? Are we all mostly not in Turkey?
I still see a lot going on in Turkey on Facebook so why not here.
Have a look at this post, I use the phone most of the time for TLF and find it's straight forward.

Post in thread 'We need feedback on current style customizations' Help - We need feedback on current style customizations

ScoobyZ

I've seen lots on Facebook.

Discussions on:
  • Moving to Turkey
  • Bringing Pets
  • Best removal companies.
  • Journeys by land
  • Best places to live
  • Cost of living
  • Sell up and go or keep a place in UK.
  • Healthcare / price and best private.
  • Driving
  • Buying cars / haggling
  • Shopping where to get
  • People needing help finding something or a tradesman
  • Property for sale
  • Property for rent
  • Banking
  • Interest Rates and Savings
I don't post here much (As recently policed by Camden) as most of the content is around politics and UK current affairs.

I posted once about locks in Dalyan. I got a couple of good replies and a "not another lock question do a search" type answer.

Unfortunately if you want friendly helpful advice you need to go on facebook and join a group. Which is a shame.

Saoirse

Discussions on:
  • Moving to Turkey
  • Bringing Pets
  • Journeys by land
  • Best places to live
  • Cost of living
  • Driving
  • Buying cars / haggling
  • Shopping where to get
  • Property for sale
  • Property for rent
  • Banking
I don't post here much (As recently policed by Camden) as most of the content is around politics and UK current affairs.

I posted once about locks in Dalyan. I got a couple of good replies and a "not another lock question do a search" type answer.

Unfortunately if you want friendly helpful advice you need to go on facebook and join a group. Which is a shame.
That's is both very interesting and shows a failure on our part here ( especially us Mods) to encourage more Turkish related subjects

It is a fact that TLF would not survive with only Turkish related content but your point is a very valid one

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
I feel we should go back to cat fights about street dogs. Turks smoking in restaurants especially the chefs whilst preparing your koftes, dodgy Irish, Scottish emlaks, the price of efes not forgetting expats extolling the best steaks in Yalikavak under one username whilst slagging then off under another user name.
Have all these posters just disappeared?
If I wanted serious up to date general info about Turkey I round turn to Doc Martins pages on Facebook, or I think he has a Web page as well.
It would also be interesting to poll who has an active interest in Turkey and to what degree. I don't and haven't for coming up for 4 years, time flies. Is there still a poll facility ?

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
I feel we should go back to cat fights about street dogs. Turks smoking in restaurants especially the chefs whilst preparing your koftes, dodgy Irish, Scottish emlaks, the price of efes not forgetting expats extolling the best steaks in Yalikavak under one username whilst slagging then off under another user name.
Have all these posters just disappeared?
If I wanted serious up to date general info about Turkey I round turn to Doc Martins pages on Facebook, or I think he has a Web page as well.
It would also be interesting to poll who has an active interest in Turkey and to what degree. I don't and haven't for coming up for 4 years, time flies. Is there still a poll facility ?

It would be good and better for TLF not to have to turn to Doc Martin for up to date info, no reason we shouldn't have similar information on here.

Regarding a Poll....when you create a new thread it can be started as a Discussion, Article, Poll or a Question.
It is selected just below the thread title.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
It's a shame that people are not comfortable asking questions on here. We need to be aware of people's sensitivities in our replies.

Camden

Discussions on:
  • Moving to Turkey
  • Bringing Pets
  • Journeys by land
  • Best places to live
  • Cost of living
  • Driving
  • Buying cars / haggling
  • Shopping where to get
  • Property for sale
  • Property for rent
  • Banking

Ban politics and religion. Sorted.

Then you can get back to the positives (and negatives) about living in Turkey as per the forum title.

Contribution posts are the lifeblood of a forum ... so its up to the people that want it wholly Turkish to contribute with posts ... wanting to ban politics like Scooby suggested for example... ok.... ( even though it could be so easily ignored along with its contribution posts good/bad )

But scooby, sorry for taking yourself as example, but you said you wanted it to get back too its name ....... but you have made one contribution post .. yes, on Turkey... since 2019 ... answered by only one person .... doesn't a wholly Turkish thread forum make.... It needs people to contribute with more posts for what they want , it can't be left to others. Some do try, but get little in reply post contributions or new threads started..... sorry if it may sound harsh just an example

@Camden good point, this has been an issue for a long time, we need content/contributions about Turkey to keep it relevant but there isn't much for various reasons, so we end up discussing things that interests most of the active members.

Please participate with content that you are interested in so that the relevant content grows.

Hardly policed ScoobyZ gave a view, as you had. As seen, above, was polite and what was said was valid , ... even agreed by TLF Admin

ps you can get all of the above in TLF archives...

Last edited:

Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Doc Martin gets information from the horses mouth not I met a man in a pub who's cousin said etc.

If Doc Martin can get it from the horses mouth I'm sure we can.
Just takes a bit of a check/validate and amend when the process changes (as it regularly does).

Latest Posts

Top Bottom