KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Spot the mistake.
Maths never was my strongest subject at school but I think I've spotted the flaw in this report.

YENI SAFAK

-- 19,000 TURKISH MILLIONAIRE

According to a report on banks prepared by the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency (BDDK), 19,055 Turkish people have more than 1 million TL of deposit in their bank accounts. The sum of these accounts reached 88.42 million TL, the report said.

martin m

Spot the mistake.
Hi kkob
Well i am fed up waiting for someone else to make a fool of themseves so i will risk it.
Having read the peice i understand it to mean 19,055 turks have more than 1million in their accounts totalling 88million, presuming some have a lot more than i million i cant see the error.
i know im gonna regret posting this lol
martin

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Spot the mistake.
OK 19,055 have at least a million in the bank and the banks say that they have 88.42 million on deposit from these account holders.

19,055 X 1,000,000 = At least 19,055,000,000 doesn't it ?

With only 88,420,000 on deposit they've lost a few million somewhere surely ?

Or, is it me ?

Have they been using the same accountants that British MPs use ? :wink:

jcrian

Spot the mistake.
Clue Martin. .........................

If 88 Turks had 1 million there would be 88 million in the account. But there are 19000 odd Turks that have over 1 million

Spot the mistake.
yes ı am wıth u on thıs 1 they are short of just under 70 mıllıon!!!!!!!!! short change ı guess then!!!!!

OK 19,055 have at least a million in the bank and the banks say that they have 88.42 million on deposit from these account holders.

19,055 X 1,000,000 = At least 19,055,000,000 doesn't it ?

With only 88,420,000 on deposit they've lost a few million somewhere surely ?

Or, is it me ?

Have they been using the same accountants that British MPs use ? :wink:

v6cod

Living in Okcular
Spot the mistake.
Hmmm

19,055,000,000 is just over 19 BILLION they have quoted the figure at
88 MILLION +

they have therefore theoretically lost 18,170,800,000 or in writing Eighteen Billion One hundred and Seventy Million and Eight Hundred thousand

Hope that explains the deliberate mistake

butt007

Warren
Spot the mistake.
88.000,000! yes, well that of course was what was left after gov.tax lol!
Warren

martin m

Spot the mistake.
Ha ha ha ha
I looked at the first post so hard my eyes hurt, but i could not see it ( the miscalculation), and i so did not want to be the BLOODY IDIOT that asked, but for once i was convinced that kkob had been on the juice.
It come as a bit of a shock to have to admit that im not quite perfect, but who cares friday 3 weeks of sun.
martin:rockon:

Top Bottom