Borussia Kartal

Speech Therapist, Antalya
Any information on Speech Therapist's, in Antalya. My neighbours are a Turkish Family. The youngest boy (three boys in the family) is three years old. He only has four words.

Is there a good therapist who could help with delayed speech?

Jaycey

African Refugee
Any information on Speech Therapist's, in Antalya. My neighbours are a Turkish Family. The youngest boy (three boys in the family) is three years old. He only has four words.

Is there a good therapist who could help with delayed speech?

My son was much the same and the regular doctors suggested that he was just a slow learner.

It turned out that he was partially deaf but cleared up with acupuncture. (He went on to score an honours at St Andrews).

So maybe try an audiologist before a speech therapist.

Kalkan regular

The Golden Girls
Is there developmental delay or signs of autism as well or is it just speech? If it's just speech then I agree hearing needs checking first.

shash

shash
I agree with all of the above. However, quite often the youngest child only has to point at something to get it and with just one word the siblings and parents know what the child wants. So in effect can be a bit behind in speech simply because they don't need it.
Years ago my friends child came to stay with me for one week. His speech were more like grunts and moans. But we knew he was an intelligent 5 year old through observations. He was the youngest of three kids. Anyway when he came to stay I told him I was a bit deaf and so couldn't always understand. (I couldn't understand him actually ) and my own kids had to play along. Subsequently he went home speaking very clearly and expressing himself and didn't end up in special school. Went to university and all was well. So sometimes attention of the right kind can make all the difference.
Added to that: my middle sister didn't speak till she was 5 years old . Apparently my eldest sister always spoke for her.
So I hope for your friends it's something easy to work out.

Borussia Kartal

Thanks for your reply....not authistic, I think he is a duracell child...constantly on the go and forever wanting to explore - you cannot leave your phone down or he will have it, your glasses in their case will be out and on his head.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Thanks for your reply....not authistic, I think he is a duracell child...constantly on the go and forever wanting to explore - you cannot leave your phone down or he will have it, your glasses in their case will be out and on his head.

We have a grandson like that - I've suggested a dead cert cure but apparently there's a law against it :behindsof

Latest Posts

Top Bottom