akbukcyd

Spare Baby Equipment
Are there any TLF members who have any baby equipment they do not want as I know of a young English girl who is having a baby boy in July and has no help whatsoever as she cant go back to the UK. She needs absolutely everything. I am trying to help her as she is a lovely girl whose parents have turned their backs.

If you can help great, if you cant then please dont put negative comments!!!

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Spare Baby Equipment
I can't help you cyd , but I'm sure someone will help, at least she has got help and support from you in what must be worrying times. Hope all goes well for her.

Eve x

akbukcyd

Spare Baby Equipment
Thanks anyway. Will keep TLF members posted. I am seeing her tomorrow and I am sure she will appreciate any help whatsoever!

Spare Baby Equipment
I will ask friends who have a baby.
Best piece of advice would be for the young girl to return to UK and get in contact with the necessary agencies..............she has a responsibility comong along and would be better in UK supported by agencies etc

akbukcyd

Spare Baby Equipment
Thanks a lot for any offers of help. I have already told her it would be best for her to go back to the uk but it is not an option for her at the moment. I need to find out more info i.e. if the baby is born here, the father is Turkish, mother English, what would the baby be, could she go back to UK after birth and at least claim child benefit. Does anyone have accurate info?

gwendy

gwendy
Spare Baby Equipment
Hi Cyd I will be coming back the end of june, will see what I can fit in my case, I will pm you when I have the date

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Spare Baby Equipment
Nice of you to help her Cyd - but surely she would be sensible to go back to UK and get help !
Also I think that if the child born here and is a boy he would have to do military ??
Correct me if wrong ( I am sure someone will LOL )
She should have the child in UK and then come back if she still wants to

Spare Baby Equipment
As far as I am aware, if one of the parents is turkish the child automatically becomes turkish citizen, with all rights and obligations as stated by the constitution (military service etc.), not sure if it is so if parents are not officially married. In maternity house they issue the birth confirmation paper, based on it related agencies issue the turkish citizen ID. As Turkey accept dual citizenship, the baby also can be given British one, but I dont think this matter would release from the military service in Turkey in the future.
As mother of three children, I also would advise the girl to go back to home country, unless she has good care from her partner here (but seems it is not so?). I wish someone close explain to the girl how hard it would be to have a baby and no constant support at least at the beginning, both physically and emotionally.

welshlea

Spare Baby Equipment
I don't know if it is true but I was told if you have a baby with a Turkish partner then you would need his permission to take the baby out of the country once it is born, if she is alone and not with the father then this would make it very complicated once the baby is born. It is worth looking into this.

akbukcyd

Spare Baby Equipment
Thank you all TLF members for your imput and information. I will certainly be digesting all this in the next few days beffore I go to see her and will try and persuade her to go back to the UK for the birth but i dont know if that will be possible. I dont think I mentioned it but she has a Turkish husband of four months who is a lovely guy but is earning hardly anything and has workedi n the same job for 5 years. I want to give her the right advice as we seem to have adopted each other and I just think if it was one of my daughters how i would feel.

Thanks for all offers of clothes and equipment. Will keep you all posted on developments.

guinevere

Spare Baby Equipment
wish i could help cyd ,i haven't got a spare inch in my suitcase ,but maybe my next time over after this one i could bring a few bits .

lilacdiana

lilacdiana
Spare Baby Equipment
If the baby is due in July I would think she would find it hard to find a company to fly her back and it would be a long drive back to the uk!!!

Di x

akbukcyd

Spare Baby Equipment
This is what is worrying. If she went now she may be able to fly but leaving it much longer I agree may be a problem. I just cant see her being able to find ticket money anyway but even if she did dont know how she would go back alone to sort things out. She seems incredibly calm although I know she is terribly worried and I will help her best I can. Thank you all.

akbukcyd

Spare Baby Equipment
This young girl had a baby boy two days ago and has named him Kaya. She thanks everyone for their offers of help and shortly hopefully wll post some pictures. thanks once again.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom