lynne

Spam
A big than you to TLF member Gren who has very quickly notified me that my e-mail address has been spammed !
Problem is......how do I get rid of the thing thats 'spamming ' ?
Not a computer whizz so please keep it simple if you can help.
Cheers !
Lynne

juco

Spam
Others may point in a better direction, but it will do no harm to download (free) spybot and ccleaner and run them, I assume you already have antivirus and a firewall on your PC.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Spam
I use c cleaner every day - after having a very bad trojan virus last year its made me very careful

Spam
I have to agree Sue!!
CCleaner that is a free download gets rid of all the crap!!
When you download it and ask it to search have a look at the huge list of cookies etc etc it brings up for deletion. All that stuck on your system!!
Its the best clean up program I have ever used and it doesnt cost a penny!

CCleaner - Home

Valian

Let sleeping dogs lie
Spam
Do you have a hotmail email address? Two of my friends have had the contact lists from their hotmail addresses spammed.

Last edited:

dngood

Spam
FYI, Ccleaner is primarily designed to clean temporary files from your computer. As such it is a great application, but it's worth noting however that CCleaner does not remove 'spyware', or 'malware' such as is indicated in this thread.

As Juco indicates, to remove this type of threat you should use an anti-spyware tool such as Spybot Search & Destroy, and perform regular updates and scans. (Download Spybot)

Of course this should be alongside regular use and update of a virus scanner.

Dave.

REDDERS

Spam
I use avg,spybot & eusing registry cleaner,just downloaded ccleaner & used it,& it's deleted ALL my passwords,so i've just had to re log into EVERY site i use.!!!! Not a happy bunny....

Martin..

juco

Spam
so i've just had to re log into EVERY site i use.!!!!

As far as I can recall you can save those cookies/passwords to a list so when you use ccleaner it does not delete them.

Spam
I remove all my cookies using CCleaner and yes,I do have to relog into TLF and Facebook plus another site but how long does that take???
At least all the crap cookies that track you have been removed!!
Uncheck the cookies bit if you prefer and it will leave them there but looking at the loads of cookies it finds,I would rather get rid of them and put up with the inconvenience of relogging on!!

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Spam
Well you know i'm not comp lit . But i did cclean and i've survived cos i'm still on here !!! but it all sounds like illness to me with virus etc and i thought spam was for sandwiches haven't a clue about cookies !!! So i'm off to get more lessons Diane

gren

Spam
I remove all my cookies using CCleaner and yes,I do have to relog into TLF and Facebook plus another site but how long does that take???
At least all the crap cookies that track you have been removed!!
Uncheck the cookies bit if you prefer and it will leave them there but looking at the loads of cookies it finds,I would rather get rid of them and put up with the inconvenience of relogging on!!

Terry, if you use Firefox you can ask it to ask you about downloading EVERY cookie.
All my "good" and frequest site's cookies are allowed and once allowed they don't need to be downloaded again (they are upated automatically).
New cookies pop up for each new site I visit and I (usually) say 'don't accept cookie'.
Much easier and you DONT have to keep removing all your cookies this way. HERE

As for CCleaner, that won't remove trojans or worms.
If your email address has been 'commandeered' for mass spamming, CCleaner won't fix that!

lynne

Spam
Yes Valian it is the hotmail address.
Thank you every one for your replies. I have looked at the things you have all suggested and still darent download anything in case it wipes anything important off.

jcrian

Spam
Just removing 'cookies' doesn't remove spyware that tracks your internet browsing and sending the information back to a third party. Having anti-virus programs like Norton or AVG does not prevent spyware being downloaded onto your computer.

CCleaner does not remove 'spyware', or 'malware'

There are numerous free programs that you can download to remove spyware.Run and update these frequently to remove any spyware.

Malwarebytes.org

Ad-Aware by Lavasoft - Antivirus software, free spyware removal, firewall

SpywareBlaster | Prevent spyware and malware. Free download.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom